1 militant killed, 2 injured in Srinagar explosionJune 19th, 2009 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 19 (IANS) One separatist militant was killed and two were injured after an improvised landmine device exploded here, police said Friday.
The guerrillas were making the device inside a house in Lal Bazaar locality here Thursday when the explosion took place.
“One militant was killed on the spot and two others critically wounded in the explosion when militants were assembling the device,” a senior police officer said.
Three grenades, one improvised landmine device, 100 rounds of AK-47 rifle, one mobile phone and some burnt currency notes were recovered by the police from the explosion site.
- Guerrilla module busted in Srinagar - Aug 22, 2012
- Terrorist camps operating in Pakistan-held Kashmir: Indian Army - May 09, 2011
- Nine policemen wounded in Kashmir explosion - Jul 06, 2011
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms cache recovered - Aug 27, 2012
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011
- Army busts militant hideout in Kashmir - May 17, 2010
- Two separatist guerrillas killed in Kashmir - Oct 12, 2011
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Two tourists killed in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 28, 2012
- Arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - May 31, 2011
- Two tourists killed in gas cylinder blast, not grenade: Police (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - Apr 19, 2010
- Explosives, arms found in Assam - May 17, 2012
- Omar condoles death of two children in blast - Feb 14, 2011
- Three killed in Kashmir gas cylinder explosion (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012