1 in 5 Brit employees dont mind flirting with boss to get a raise!September 2nd, 2008 - 6:35 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 2 (ANI): One in five Brit employees wont mind flirting with their boss in a bid to get a pay raise or promotion, a new survey has revealed.
According to survey by an online dating agency Parship, men are more likely than their female colleagues to enter into a little sexual playfulness with women bosses.
While 19 per cent of women admitted that they will use their charms to get on, 25 per cent of men said that they were willing to try it.
On one hand, where over a third of men are actually attracted to their female superiors, finding them intelligent, self-confident, open-minded, and honest, with good communication skills, a sense of humour and a can-do attitude.
On the other hand only 17 per cent of women agreed that they fancy their male bosses, a few even described them as ruthless, domineering know-it-alls.
The survey showed that male employees were more in favour of an office romance with 57 per cent saying they would date a colleague.
However, only 15 per cent of women think it is okay.
“Perhaps women have learned through bitter experience that using one’’s sex appeal to get ahead at work can backfire, the Daily Star quoted psychologist Dr Nafsika Thalassis, Parship’’s “singles coach”, as saying.
“Women who flirt with the boss risk having their bluff called.
“They are more likely to realise that flirting to get ahead will be disapproved of by colleagues. Men are less concerned that flirting will result in being cornered by their boss.
“But they should be wary - hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
“The fun of flirting lies in its maybe-I-mean-it, maybe-I-don”t playfulness, but it is often better to conduct relationships with absolute clarity,” she added.
- Men who believe in love at first sight three times more likely to cheat - Apr 21, 2010
- Love at first sight? You can be a cheat - Apr 22, 2010
- Men make better bosses than women: British survey - Aug 12, 2010
- Women are 'more open-minded than men' - Apr 19, 2011
- Females bosses can wreck other women's promotion - Apr 12, 2011
- Are modern women nightmare bosses? - Dec 05, 2011
- Women 'make better managers than men' - Mar 08, 2011
- Office boredom drives men to flirt - Apr 22, 2012
- Scantily-clad women an office nuisance? - Aug 30, 2011
- Why female bosses wreck other women's promotion hopes - Apr 11, 2011
- Flirting Brit drivers caused almost 1m crashes! - Oct 27, 2010
- Employees prefer male bosses: UK study - Aug 12, 2010
- Sleeping with your boss 'can boost your career' - Aug 28, 2010
- Male drivers 'more likely to give way to others than women' - Apr 25, 2011
- Women will have to wait 57 years for equal pay - Aug 19, 2010