X-rays, ECG facilities planned in Maharashtra rural hospitalsMarch 24th, 2011 - 1:27 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 23 (IANS) Maharashtra will augment medical facilities in non-metro cities and rural areas of the state, Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister Ajit Pawar announced here Wednesday while presenting the budget for 2011-12.
Pawar said that the government planned to provide patients the facility of X-ray and ECG at the primary health centres and blood banks at other rural hospitals.
He said that an amount of Rs.241 crore has been sanctioned for construction of urban and rural health institutions under the public health department, which include several hospitals and medical colleges.
The finance minister said that the centrally-sponsored National Rural Health Mission is being implemented effectively in the state and the government would provide Rs.160 billion as its share.
Pawar also announced funds for certain ongoing and new construction works at medical colleges and their hospitals across the state.
These include: Pune Sassoon General Hospital (Rs.25.50 crore), Government Medical College, Nanded (Rs.8.33 crore), Cancer Hospital, Aurangabad (Rs.5.43 crore), Government Medical College, Ghati, Aurangabad (Rs.25 crore), Cancer Centre at Kasturba Health Society, Wardha (Rs.6 crore) and a new library building at Nagpur Medical College (Rs.2 crore).
Pawar also assured that the government would provide funds to construct a new building of Government Medical College, Yavatmal.
- With Rs.1,100 crore, AIIMS bags highest budget share - Mar 16, 2012
- AIIMS gets Rs.1,000 crore in budget - Feb 28, 2011
- Super-speciality hospital to come up in Himachal - Nov 23, 2010
- Upgrade to avert AMRI like incidents, private hospitals told - Dec 23, 2011
- Infrastructure projects in Maharashtra get vital thrust - Mar 26, 2012
- Cheaper drugs, better health services for poor (Second Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Better health services for poor envisaged (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- State to sell 'Maharashtra Tourism' brand aggressively - Mar 26, 2012
- Punjab establishes fund for cancer patients - Jun 05, 2011
- Alarming rise in cancer cases in India: Expert - Jan 27, 2012
- GE Healthcare to make more diagnostic devices in India (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- AIIMS-II launched in Haryana village - May 31, 2012
- Mumbai to have super-speciality government hospital - Jan 02, 2012
- Four new medical colleges for Maharashtra - Jan 02, 2012
- Eight new hospitals to come up in Delhi - May 01, 2012
Tags: ajit pawar, aurangabad, blood banks, cancer centre, cancer hospital, crore, deputy chief minister, finance minister, ghati, government medical college, health institutions, health society, medical colleges, metro cities, nanded, national rural health, national rural health mission, public health department, rural hospitals, state deputy