World Bank’s $152 for UP healthcareJune 6th, 2012 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 6 (IANS) The World Bank will give $152 million for the Uttar Pradesh Health Systems Strengthening Project, officials said.
The ambitious project is meant to help improve the healthcare system and run it efficiently in the sprawling state.
An advance team has held discussions with Mukesh Meshram, project director of the National Rural Health Mission (NHRM), and other officials to identify key areas.
In the meeting between health officials and the World Bank team, several new health initiatives were announced by the state government.
This would include ways to strengthen procurement and supply under the Central Medical Stores Department and the grievance redressal system.
This project will be financed by credit from the International Development Association (IDA).
- UP working on 'Guarantee To Health' scheme for children - Jun 30, 2012
- Yoga, homoeopathy to be integrated with healthcare in UP - Sep 17, 2012
- Special CBI courts to be set up in Lucknow, Ghaziabad - Jun 09, 2012
- World Bank loan to improve Tamil Nadu's health systems - Apr 30, 2010
- Bill to provide legal teeth to grievance redressal (Lead) - Aug 22, 2011
- Join Facebook for public, district magistrate to officials - Dec 15, 2010
- Homeopathy, fish to take on encephalitis in UP? - Jun 30, 2012
- Healthcare costs pushing Indians below poverty line: WHO - Nov 01, 2011
- Chhattisgarh assesses rural development, skips rebel areas - Apr 18, 2012
- World Bank offers $200 million loan to Kerala (With Images) - Jul 05, 2011
- CBI raids former UP health minister - Jun 02, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 45 places, ex-BSP man under scanner - Jan 04, 2012
- World Bank grants $155.3 million loan for Kerala water project - Dec 16, 2011
- World Bank approves funding for India's agricultural project - Mar 28, 2012
- Government signs accord with World Bank $155.3 mn grant (With Image) - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: advance team, ambitious project, grievance, health initiatives, health officials, health systems, healthcare system, key areas, lucknow, medical stores, national rural health, national rural health mission, new health, procurement, project director, project officials, state government, uttar pradesh, world bank, world bank team