Work on Rae Bareli AIIMS to begin soon: AzadAugust 9th, 2012 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 8 (IANS) Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad Wednesday announced that work on the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Rae Bareli, the parliamentary constituency of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, would soon begin.
On a visit here, Azad also declared that medical colleges in Aligarh, Varanasi, Jhansi, Gorakhpur, Allahabad and Meerut would be upgraded.
After meeting Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Azad said he was happy that the state government has made healthcare a priority.
- UP allots land for AIIMS in Rae Bareli town - Aug 13, 2012
- Akhilesh seeks three more AIIMS-like institutes in UP - May 18, 2012
- 70 IAS officials transferred in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2012
- Land identified for AIIMS-like institute in Sonia's constituency - May 08, 2012
- A word from Sonia means 24x7 power - Aug 29, 2012
- AIIMS-Patna to start this year, says Ghulam Nabi Azad - May 24, 2012
- Congress to release UP manifesto at 10 centres - Jan 30, 2012
- Samajwadi Party not to fight in Rae Bareli in 2014 - Sep 13, 2012
- Japanese Encephalitis: Azad visits Gorakhpur - Oct 20, 2011
- On day of love, warring leaders in battleground UP - Feb 14, 2012
- Sonia announces several schemes for Rae Bareli - Jul 27, 2012
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli - May 10, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi begins two-day Rae Bareli visit - Feb 04, 2011
- Power woes: Sonia's whisper stronger than SC order - Sep 02, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, allahabad, chief minister, congress president sonia gandhi, ghulam nabi azad, health minister, india institute, lucknow, medical colleges, parliamentary constituency, priority, rae bareli, state government, varanasi