Women on ‘heat’ send out vibes to men during peak fertilityNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:07 am ICT by admin
Now, Thornhill’s colleague has found more evidence to support the challenge.
For the study, Geoffrey Miller and his team at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, compared the earnings of lap dancers who were menstruating naturally with those of dancers on the hormonal contraceptive pill.
During the non-fertile periods of their menstrual cycle, both groups conjured similar tips. However, when naturally cycling lap dancers were at their fertile period they earned higher tips than their counterparts on the pill.
“Lap dancers menstruating naturally earned more in tips during their fertile period than co-workers on the pill” This is the first evidence that oestrus, and its influence on attractiveness, has a real effect on women’s earnings,” New Scientist quoted Miller, as saying.
The study also showed that the dancers publicized their fertility to men, who found more attractive during this fertile phase.
“We don’t know the mechanism of attraction. Are the men detecting the scent of oestrus? Or does the women’s behaviour change,” said Thornhill.
“Previous research has shown that women’s faces, scent and clothing become more attractive in oestrus,” Miller notes.
“For example, earlier this year, Martie Haselton at the University of California, Los Angeles, found that women were judged to dress more attractively during their fertile periods, although the correlation was slight. Other studies show women become more confident during oestrus,” Thornhill said. (ANI)
- Women shy away from fathers during ovulation - Nov 30, 2010
- Spermicide Coke, fertile strippers scoop Ig Nobel Awards! - Oct 03, 2008
- Leptin restores fertility, may improve lean women's bone health - Apr 05, 2011
- Women 'avoid contact with their dads during ovulation' - Nov 30, 2010
- Why men may remain monogamous despite temptation - Feb 23, 2011
- Do female voices give clue of ovulation? - Sep 25, 2011
- Starting periods before the age of 10 ups risk of lung complaints in future - Apr 06, 2011
- The Pill 'turns women off macho men' - Oct 08, 2009
- Vitamin E pill seems to ease PMS pain - Jan 17, 2011
- Ovulation really does change women's behavior - Aug 19, 2010
- Early period leads to baby girls: Study - May 02, 2011
- Skinny women have low fertility - Oct 23, 2011
- The Pill is not the reason for oestrogen in drinking water: Study - Dec 09, 2010
- 'Natural' new pill could boost women's sex drive - Jun 13, 2010
- Early periods in girls 'up risk of depression' - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: become more confident, behaviour change, colleague, contraceptive pill, earnings, evidence that, experience bouts, fertile period, fertile periods, fertile phase, fertility, first evidence, geoffrey miller, lap dancers, menstrual cycle, menstruating, new mexico albuquerque, new scientist, randy thornhill