White Bread, White Rice And Other Foods Rich In Carbohydrates Likely To Cause Heart DiseaseApril 13th, 2010 - 8:06 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
April 13, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): There are many females, who consume an excessive amount of white bread, white rice, pizza, and other carbohydrate-rich foodstuffs. These foods cause blood sugar to spike. These females are twice as likely to build up heart diseases than women who consume less of those foods. This is the information that a new study provides.
Men, who devour an immense amount of those carbohydrates, do not have the same amplified risk. This is, perhaps, because their anatomies process the carbs in a different way. This is in keeping with the researchers. Some carbohydrates have what is recognized as a high glycemic index.
Only carbohydrates with a high glycemic index seem to injure the heart. Carbs with a small glycemic index — such as fruits and pasta — were not linked with an augmented danger of heart disease. This indicates that the enlarged jeopardy is caused ‘not by a diet high in carbohydrates, but by a diet rich in rapidly absorbed carbohydrates’. This is what the chief author of the study, Sabina Sieri, stated. She belongs to a national institution for cancer research in Milan in Italy.
In the investigation, published this week in the Archives of Internal Medicine, Sieri and her colleagues examined information from a big and continuing study on nutrition and cancer risk. The examiners investigated approximately 48,000 Italian adults about their diets in depth. They observed the quantity and sorts of carbohydrates the adults devoured on a customary basis.
Joanna McMillan Price is a nutritionist in Australia and the creator of The Low GI Diet. She has declared that the latest study in Italy supplies yet more verification to endorse a diet that favors low versus high glycemic index foods. Price mentions that this means eliminating processed carbs and selecting plainly processed whole grains and low-GI starchy vegetables, fruits, and legumes.
Price has uttered that there are many advantages to restricting foodstuffs with a high glycemic index. The individuals, who do so, will be able to effortlessly control their appetite. This will enable them to also reduce their weight. Their energy and mood will remain sound and balanced over the day. Price has pronounced that not having foods with a huge glycemic index can diminish the danger of numerous unceasing diseases including diabetes, heart disease, and certain cancers.”
In line with Price, the best low glycemic index foods are whole-grain breads, barley, quinoa, beans and chickpeas, low-fat dairy products, fruits, etc.
- Milan Study Reports White Bread Causes Heart Disease In Women - Apr 13, 2010
- White bread, white rice, and pizza are likely to double chances of heart disease in women - Apr 13, 2010
- Sugary foods linked to heart disease risk in women - Apr 13, 2010
- World's largest diet study finally solves obesity riddle - Nov 25, 2010
- Carbs can double heart disease risk in women - Apr 13, 2010
- 14 foods that deliver research-documented benefits to health - Jan 16, 2011
- Beat diabetes with a wheat and rice free diet - Aug 05, 2011
- Oily fish, blueberries, soy protein, vinegar and cinnamon aid memory - Oct 16, 2010
- Dessert with breakfast can benefit dieters - Jun 26, 2012
- White rice increases risk of type 2 diabetes - Mar 16, 2012
- Low-carb diets better for easing weight: Study - Dec 13, 2011
- Scientists salvage humble bread's reputation - Sep 14, 2012
- No risk for weight reducers from high fat diets - Jun 01, 2011
- Low-carb diet may not be good for heart: Study - Jun 11, 2012
- Diabetics can control blood sugar by consuming low glycemic index diet - Jan 21, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,