What is calorie restriction diet plan?March 25th, 2009 - 10:59 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
At Oprah Winfrey show, Dr. Oz discussed on how everyone can live past one hundred with vitality. He coined it as ‘extreme life extension’ when you push past the 100 year mark with ease and live with health and not disease. Among the audience, they had Joe who Dr. Oz believed could very well live to be 150 years old.
They showed how Joe who is 5’9” and weighs 130 pounds is so healthy. He consumes around 1950 calories each day. ALso showing how he eats a huge bowl of fruit and some walnuts for breakfast. He eats the peel of the apple, but not the whole apple. He weighs and measures his foods. He eats a huge bowl of salad that would look like it would feed a whole family. He weighed 175 pounds before he began 7 years ago. Doctors have told him that at age 51 he has the body of a 20 year old athlete. He eats about 80 percent of his diet with raw fruits and vegetables.
Starvation mode slows metabolism and can significantly slow or even stop weight loss.
Nutritionists recommend a weight loss of onehalf to two pounds per week by figuring how many calories it will take make a person loose weight and to maintain a stable weight. Freitick says calorie-counting doesn’t work for everyone, but calories do count when you want to lose weight. The calorie level a person need to shed pounds is based on gender, activity level and overall metabolism. A simplified, general rule is that women should not eat fewer than 1,500 calories a day; most men should eat at least 1,800 to promote weight loss.
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Dr Oz: For Those Turning 40 - Oct 18, 2011
- WeightWatchers dumps old 'calorie counting' plan to make dieting tastier - Oct 31, 2010
- Weight loss supplements are no good - Mar 07, 2012
- Dr Oz Kicks Off 'Million Dollar You' Challenge - Sep 27, 2011
- How chefs can help combat obesity by creating reduced-calorie meals - Nov 06, 2010
- Dr Oz: 7 Days to Boost Weight Loss & Cut Carb Cravings - Oct 11, 2011
- Why counting calories doesn't help you lose weight - Jul 28, 2010
- Mischa Barton feels healthier than ever - Aug 11, 2012
- Dr Oz: Five Habits Which Make You Fat - Oct 05, 2011
- Eating apples every day keep women's cholesterol at bay - Apr 13, 2011
- Fall in love with food, says nutritionist-author - Jun 27, 2012
- 'Stop grazing, exercising and eat fatty foods' to lose those pounds! - Nov 08, 2010
- Night owls at greater risk of piling on pounds - May 05, 2011
- Destressing helps curb obesity among women - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: bowl of fruit, calorie level, calorie restriction diet, diet plan, dr oz, extreme life, fruits and vegetables, how many calories, life extension, loose weight, metabolism, oprah winfrey, oprah winfrey show, person need, raw fruits, stable weight, starvation mode, two pounds, vitality, walnuts