Ways To Keep Cholesterol Under CheckJanuary 11th, 2011 - 9:14 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Earlier on high level of cholesterol was something people confronted in their mid-forties but owing to the stressful life and hectic work schedule, many people are facing this menace in their youth these days. Therefore, the need to maintain a healthy life style is imperative to keep the cholesterol level under check. The presence of bad cholesterol is likely to lead to cardiac problems later in life. Apart from genetics which plays a part, food habit is the main reason behind developing cholesterol in most of the affected people, health experts point out.
There are some types of food which are ideal for anyone willing to keep cholesterol at bay. Oat brans and oatmeal are ideal for controlling serum cholesterol. There are some varieties of oily fish including mackerel, sardine, tuna and salmon that helps in fighting cholesterol. It is imperative to have two servings of such fish every week. The fish fat can be avoided by getting it grilled or baked. Soybean is another food that helps in reducing cholesterol. The health experts have pointed out for long that apart from taking healthy foods it is also necessary to work out to stay fit and get rid of cholesterol.
This does not mean one has to work out rigorously. Even walking thrice a week for an hour is adequate for burning the fats. Smoking is also another evil that can trigger bad cholesterol in people. Eating fruits and vegetables that are fortified with dietary fibers is a natural way of fighting cholesterol. Alcohol consumption also needs to be kept in check for keeping the menace of cholesterol at bay.
- Variety in meals hold key to longer life - Oct 19, 2010
- Travel easy with diabetes (Health Feature)(With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- Variety in meals holds key to a long and healthy life - Oct 18, 2010
- Goa's fish haul shrunk 27 percent in five years - Mar 16, 2011
- Go for dark chocolate, red wine to keep your partner heart-healthy this Valentine's - Feb 11, 2011
- Health food for heart patients, diabetics - Oct 16, 2011
- Goa extends fishing ban so fish stays on plate - Aug 04, 2012
- Now a heart-healthy soybean oil - Sep 14, 2010
- In winter, eat right to good skin - Nov 30, 2010
- Monsoon health guide: Rainproof your lifestyle with right diet - Jul 16, 2012
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Eating cheese, milk could make you brainier - Mar 06, 2012
- Switch to olive oil for better health: Cookery expert Nita Mehta (With Image) - Jan 08, 2012
- Dukan Diet used by Kate Middleton could be dangerous - Mar 19, 2011
- Eat light, healthy food to stay cool this summer: Doctors - May 17, 2012
Tags: alcohol consumption, bad cholesterol, brans, cardiac problems, cholesterol level, dietary fibers, eating fruits and vegetables, food habit, fruits and vegetables, health experts, healthy foods, healthy life style, hectic work schedule, mid forties, oily fish, ranjan, reducing cholesterol, serum cholesterol, stressful life, types of food