Warren Buffett diagnosed with prostate cancerApril 18th, 2012 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, April 18 (IANS) American billionaire investor Warren Buffett has been diagnosed with stage I prostate cancer, the CNN reported Wednesday.
In a letter to shareholders of his firm Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett, 81, said Tuesday his “condition is not remotely life-threatening or even debilitating in any meaningful way”.
He said additional tests did not reveal incidence of cancer anywhere else in his body.
“I feel great — as if I were in my normal excellent health — and my energy level is 100 percent,” Buffett wrote.
Over 70 percent of men diagnosed with prostate cancer do not die from the disease, according to Otis Brawley, a prostate cancer expert.
Buffett said he will undergo daily radiation for two months beginning in mid-July, a decision made with his doctors.
Buffett has made a name for himself by turning Berkshire Hathaway into a successful investment firm. Berkshire owns more than 80 companies, including insurer Geico, chemical company Lubrizol, railroad company Burlington Northern Santa Fe, and MidAmerican Energy.
Buffett has yet to name his successor as CEO of Berkshire.
- Is Greg Abel The Prospective Successor Of Warren Buffett? - Jan 19, 2011
- Greg Abel Represents A New Contender For The Post Of The Billionaire, Warren Buffett - Jan 19, 2011
- Berkshire Hathaway buys Burlington Northern for $44 billion - Nov 04, 2009
- Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway to buy Burlington Northern - Nov 03, 2009
- Berkshire Hathaway Gives Nod For Stock Split - Jan 21, 2010
- Warren Buffet's 2010 Regulatory Filing Unveils Surprise Moves - Nov 17, 2010
- US investor Warren Buffett makes record rail investment - Nov 04, 2009
- Warren Buffett's Annual Letter To The Shareholders Released - Mar 02, 2010
- When India prospers, US will prosper better: Warren Buffett (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Warren Buffett Turns Rockstar In Geico Video - Mar 19, 2010
- Warren's Berkshire Hathaway buys BNSF - Nov 04, 2009
- Warren Buffett Reduces Stock In Capital Goods Entities, Shows 2010 Regulatory Filing - Nov 16, 2010
- According to Warren Buffet the recession is not yet over - Sep 24, 2010
- Warren Buffett Vends Stakes In Carmax, Home Depot And Republic As Per His 2010 Regulatory Filing - Nov 16, 2010
- Warren Buffett imitates Axl Rose in a rock star video - Mar 19, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,