Vitamin D deficiency linked to stiff arteriesApril 4th, 2011 - 7:09 am ICT by IANS
Washington, April 4 (IANS) Vitamin D deficiency in people could result in stiffer arteries, says a study.
The results add to evidence that lack of vitamin D can lead to impaired vascular health, contributing to high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease, Xinhua reported quoting a study from the Georgia Tech Predictive Health Institute.
Participants in the study who took high levels of vitamin D were able to improve vascular health and lower their blood pressure. Some 550 employees of the institute took part.
The data was presented Sunday by Ibhar Al Mheid, a cardiovascular researcher, at the annual American College of Cardiology meeting in New Orleans.
- Vitamin D levels linked with health of blood vessels - Apr 04, 2011
- Vitamin D deficiency linked to high BP, stiffer arteries - Apr 04, 2011
- Vitamin D deficiency 'ups risk of heart disease, stroke in black teens' - Jul 30, 2010
- Vitamin D responsible for difference in blood pressure between 'Blacks' and - Apr 27, 2011
- Vitamin D supplement won't help in short term - Sep 05, 2012
- Vit D deficiency 'doubles stroke risk in whites, not in blacks' - Nov 15, 2010
- Experts wary of Lancet's study on good cholesterol - Jun 14, 2012
- Obese adolescents benefit from high-dose vitamin D - Nov 02, 2011
- Higher vitamin D intake needed to cut cancer risk - Feb 23, 2011
- Calcium supplements cause heart problems in women? - Apr 24, 2011
- High risk of heart disease in preadolescent kids with type 1diabetes - Feb 15, 2011
- Vitamin D, parathyroid hormone levels 'don't affect cardiovascular mortality' - Dec 16, 2010
- Heart, bone damage from low vitamin D levels amplified by estrogen shortage - Nov 16, 2009
- Routine periodic fasting good for health, heart - Apr 04, 2011
- Fasting ensures good health, protects heart - Apr 04, 2011
Tags: april 4, arteries, cardiovascular disease, georgia tech, health institute, high blood pressure, institute participants, lack of vitamin d, new orleans, researcher, vascular health, vitamin d deficiency, xinhua