Vibram Fivefingers Creates WavesAugust 20th, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Aug 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) For all those who like to run barefoot, the Vibram FiveFingers may just be the most coveted footwear to hit the market recently. Reports, however, indicate that the manufacturer of the revolutionary shoe is struggling to keep up to the market demands and has recently tripled the size of its Boston Warehouse. Priced between $75 to $125, the FiveFingers is a must have for the shoe collectors as it seems to have taken the industry by storm.
Going by the changing trends in the shoe industry, the FiveFingers might just be the next big thing the colorful and bulbous Crocs that dominated the market recently. The design of the FiveFingers, however, makes it appear more like a foot glove than a shoe, as the five fingers of the wearer fit into the separate pockets in the shoe. The shoe has been touted as ideal for the runners who run long distances and the hype was fueled greatly as some of the participants at the Boston Marathon were seen running in them. Many experts have earlier talked about the benefits of running barefoot and the FiveFingers cashes in on the fact by being an alternative to the typical running shoe.
Though the shoe was launched in 2006, the Vibram company saw a huge increase in the demand over the last one and half years. The sales went up to $11 million last year and this year so far has been even better with $50 million already raked in. Podiatrics have, however, warned that the shoe may not be suited for everyone. They explained that for all those who do not run regularly, are diabetic or obese, the shoe may not be as beneficial.
- Vibram FiveFoot Promises Experience Of Walking Barefoot - Aug 31, 2009
- Running barefoot better for health than with shoes - Apr 27, 2011
- Crocs to manufacture in India by year end - Aug 05, 2010
- Five things you should never wear to office - Nov 12, 2010
- Around 300 runners take part in Mumbai barefoot half marathon - Dec 12, 2010
- Now an event solely dedicated to footwear - Mar 07, 2012
- Mexico's imports of Chinese-made shoes surge - Mar 16, 2012
- Concept 1 Shoes Now Banned By NBA - Oct 20, 2010
- Indian Footwear Market To Grow With Rising Income And Fashion Awareness: Netscribes - Aug 02, 2010
- Hollywood celebrites donating shoes for charity - Apr 23, 2011
- Fauja Singh calls it a day-only for full marathons! - Apr 23, 2012
- At 100, Sikh marathoner lives to see his biography (With Image) - Jun 12, 2011
- Step out in style with these summer footwear - May 08, 2011
- We were born to run barefoot - Jan 28, 2010
- Boy's Life Saved By Croc Shoes - Jun 04, 2010
Tags: 50 million, boston marathon, boston warehouse, cashes, crocs, five fingers, footwear, half years, hype, kar, long distances, participants, pockets, runners, running shoe, shoe industry, vibram company, vibram fivefingers, waves