Uttar Pradesh reports first suspected swine flu caseMay 22nd, 2009 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 22 (IANS) The first suspected case of swine flu in Uttar Pradesh was reported in Moradabad district after a brass exporter, who recently returned from Europe, was admitted to a hospital with symptoms of influenza A(H1N1), officials said Friday.
“A man, who is a brass exporter was today (Friday) admitted to the Moradabad district hospital. He showed symptoms of swine flu,” Director General (Medical and Health) I.S. Srivastava told IANS.
“A team of doctors has examined the patient, who has been kept in isolation at the hospital. The team collected samples of blood and urine that were later sent to the National Institute of Communicable Diseases for further analysis,” Srivastava said.
The test results will be available in a day or two, he added.
- Swine flu case suspected in Moradabad - May 22, 2009
- Mexican swine flu outbreak kills 29, infects nearly 1,500 - Jan 28, 2012
- Young child among eleven H1N1 flu deaths in Jordan - Jan 23, 2011
- Senior citizen dies of swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2012
- Five more swine flu cases in Lucknow - Aug 23, 2012
- Four quarantined in Jammu after swine flu symptoms (Lead) - Aug 09, 2009
- Swine flu spreading rapidly in Andhra, toll 20 - Aug 05, 2010
- Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana prepare to battle swine flu - Aug 06, 2009
- One dies of swine flu in Delhi - Aug 31, 2010
- 53-year-old woman is India's second swine flu victim (Lead) - Aug 08, 2009
- Two cases of swine flu in Chandigarh - Jul 19, 2009
- One more swine flu case detected in Himachal - Dec 03, 2009
- Orissa woman hospitalised for suspected swine flu - Aug 10, 2009
- One dies of swine flu in Delhi - Aug 25, 2010
- '2009 swine flu pandemic won't return to Maharashtra' - Apr 04, 2012