US national quarantined with swine flu symptoms in BangaloreJune 13th, 2009 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 13 (IANS) A 37-year-old American national was quarantined here Saturday with suspected symptoms of HINI flu, an official said here.
The American national was admitted to the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases(RGICD) here, where four other patients, all Indians, have been admitted with suspected swine flu symptoms. The four were admitted to the institute Friday.
Results of the blood sample tests of the four are likely to arrive from the National Institute of Virology (NIV), Pune, Saturday night.
“We’re waiting for the results of the blood samples of the four patients admitted here. We’re going to send the blood samples of the American national too,” RGICD director Shashidhar Buggi told IANS.
“The five patients are doing fine,” added the director.
So far, 28 cases with symptoms of H1N1 flu have been quarantined at the institute and all tested negative for the flu.
RGICD has been identified as the isolation centre for suspected swine flu by the department of health and family welfare.
The institute has an exclusive seven-room ward for suspected swine flu patients, three pulmonologists (chest physicians), three thoracic surgeons, two qualified anaesthetists, 20 doctors and PG students to deal with suspected swine flu cases.
- Swede quarantined with swine flu symptoms in Bangalore - Jun 16, 2009
- 20-month-old tests positive, India's swine flu cases at 17 (Roundup) - Jun 13, 2009
- One more swine flu case in India, total 17 (Lead) - Jun 13, 2009
- Several Bangaloreans volunteer for swine flu screening - Jun 17, 2009
- Killer disease is not Japanese encephalitis - Jun 28, 2012
- Senior citizen dies of swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2012
- Bangalore prepared to fight swine flu - May 03, 2009
- Two swine flu patients under treatment in Bangalore - Jun 15, 2009
- Swine flu claims one life in Bhopal - Mar 29, 2012
- Hyderabad boy down with swine flu, total cases now 31 - Jun 16, 2009
- Lethal virus not spreading in Gujarat, says minister - Jan 20, 2011
- Man dies, swine flu toll is 15 in Karnataka - Aug 25, 2009
- Another suspected swine flu case in Hyderabad - Jun 17, 2009
- Two techies quarantined in Bangalore for suspected swine flu - May 07, 2009
- Karnataka swine flu toll rises to 53 - Sep 11, 2009
Tags: blood sample, blood samples, chest diseases, chest physicians, department of health, family welfare, five patients, flu, flu cases, flu patients, flu symptoms, gandhi institute, national institute of virology, niv, pg students, pulmonologists, pune, rajiv gandhi, swine flu, thoracic surgeons