UAE to make camel milk ice-creamMarch 19th, 2012 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, March 19 (IANS/WAM) In a first of its kind, a leading producer of dairy products in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is planning to introduce a new variety of ice cream created from camel milk.
The Al Ain Dairy said it will be the first such product made out of camel milk in the UAE, and also in flavours hitherto unavailable in conventional ice cream.
“We have spent a lot of time creating flavours that we feel are different and most importantly not available in the market,” said Abdullah Saif Al Darmaki, chief executive officer of Al Ain Dairy.
Camel milk, which is slightly saltier than cow’s milk, is an integral part of the traditional Arabian diet.
The milk has numerous health benefits that are often reported in scientific and health researches.
Al Darmaki said the technology for making camel milk ice cream was exactly the same as that made from cow’s milk.
“But we wanted to do something completely different, which is why we have invested in new technology to produce a range of camel milk ice creams in niche flavours,” he said.
The ice cream will be produced with pure camel milk, with no additives.
Four flavours have been created for the ice cream and Al Darmaki hoped they will attract people.
He said both UAE citizens and expatriates enjoy ice cream in four flavours — dates, saffron, caramel and chocolate.
- Britons set to savour camel milk chocolate, cheese and ice cream - Jul 08, 2010
- Etihad Airways to serve fresh, organic food on flights - Mar 17, 2012
- Now relish camel milk ice cream in Britain - Sep 19, 2011
- Fire at UAE building - Aug 22, 2012
- UAE to export camel milk to Europe - Jul 04, 2010
- US, UAE discuss bilateral ties - Sep 10, 2011
- Omani man donates blood for 26 years - Apr 30, 2012
- Etihad opens first all-woman contact centre in UAE - Mar 16, 2011
- UAE launches sustainable lifestyle kit - Jul 12, 2011
- GM cows produce 'human' breast milk - Apr 03, 2011
- UAE prince gives 10,000 date palm seedlings - Jul 22, 2012
- Arab-India trade meet begins Tuesday - May 22, 2012
- Best milch camel competition held in UAE - Dec 14, 2010
- Today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day - Jun 07, 2012
- UAE arrests illegal immigrants - Apr 15, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, additives, al ain dairy, camel milk, caramel, chief executive officer, chocolate, citizens, cow, dairy products, diet, health benefits, march 19, new technology, niche, saffron, saif, tb, united arab emirates, wam