UAE starts bus tour to sensitise people about diabetesOctober 29th, 2010 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Oct 29 (IANS/WAM) A bus equipped with screening tools for diabetes will hit the roads Nov 6 in the UAE to sensitise people about the disease, it was announced Friday.
The initiative is supported by the health ministry. The bus will tour Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah.
Mahmood Fikri, executive director for policies at the ministry, said that the goal is to raise awareness about diabetes and its prevention.
He added that the number of diabetes patients are rapidly increasing in the UAE.
Nov 14 is observed as World Diabetes Day.
The bus tour for raising awareness about diabetes was launched in Denmark in 2006. Today it is organised in over 30 countries.
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
- Abu Dhabi workshop on monitoring commodity exchange - Nov 06, 2010
- UAE to observe Hepatitis Awareness Day July 28 - Jul 22, 2011
- UAE approves 126 new drugs - Jun 09, 2012
- UAE, Britain hold joint aid workshop - Apr 08, 2011
- UAE, Australia exchange extradition documents - Aug 10, 2011
- UAE eyes Indonesia, China trade expos - Oct 14, 2011
- Abu Dhabi, Canada discuss judicial cooperation - May 24, 2011
- UAE trade minister meets Arab business delegation - Jan 21, 2012
- UAE to attend World Bank-IMF meeting - Sep 22, 2011
- UAE, IAEA sign cooperation agreement - Dec 06, 2011
- UAE issues travel alert for Bangkok - Oct 14, 2011
- Abu Dhabi foils bid to sell fake antiques - Apr 09, 2011
- President Patil opens Indian centre in Sharjah - Nov 25, 2010
- Indian missions in UAE announce special Ramadan timings - Jul 29, 2011