UAE leader meets scientistsJanuary 31st, 2012 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Sharjah, Jan 31 (IANS/WAM) The ruler of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Tuesday met scientists who have developed ways to cure Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.
Sheikh Sultan Mohammed Al Qasimi received at his office in the University of Sharjah the team of scientists led by Talib Altel and Rafat Al Awadhi.
The scientists have made a substantial breakthrough towards development of chemical compounds which may stop the deterioration of brain cells of patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
They have also developed a compound which can reportedly stop the growth of cancer cells.
Sheikh Sultan Mohammed hailed the achievement of the research team and said they deserve praise for their achievement.
- Bangladeshi Nobel laureate meets Sharjah ruler - May 10, 2012
- Lights festival begins in UAE - Feb 10, 2011
- Sharjah ruler undergoes surgery in Paris - Dec 01, 2011
- Sharjah approves 2012 general budget - Dec 30, 2011
- UAE leader meets US envoy - Feb 29, 2012
- Sharjah ruler pardons 173 prisoners - Jan 13, 2012
- Sharjah taxi owners to get $1.3 billion bonus - Jul 17, 2012
- UAE bakery feeds 5,000 Somali families a day - Jul 09, 2012
- President Patil opens Indian centre in Sharjah - Nov 25, 2010
- Sharjah varsity holds graduation ceremony - Dec 18, 2011
- Sharjah Light Festival 2012 to begin Thursday - Feb 09, 2012
- Sharjah ruler writes off two citizens' debts - Apr 14, 2012
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- Carnival to mark Sharjah ruler's recovery - Jan 12, 2012
- UAE leaders meet foreign officials - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: altel, brain cells, breakthrough, cancer cells, chemical compounds, deterioration, mohammed al qasimi, rafat, ruler of sharjah, scientists, sultan mohammed, talib, united arab emirates, university of sharjah, wam