UAE launches global health mission for poor kidsAugust 25th, 2010 - 1:17 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 24 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has launched a campaign to provide free health-care facilities to at least one million poor children in several countries including India and Pakistan.
One million poor ill children will be given a new lease of life under the mission launched in Abu Dhabi by Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s Representative in the Western Region and President of the UAE Red Crescent Authority (RCA).
Khadem Al Darie, team leader of the Emirates Global Humanitarian Mobile Hospital (Elaj), said: “The mission is to promote the culture of giving and social volunteering through activation of local and international programmes with the aim of easing suffering of poor patients”.
He said Elaj will send its convoys to different parts of the world to conduct health camps under the theme “Right to Life … Easing Suffering of Poor Children”.
Adel Al Shameri, CEO of the Zayed Giving Initiative and Executive Director of Elaj, said, “The campaign will launch prevention and awareness programme in remote towns and villages of host countries, develop professional skills of health staff, forge a true non-for profit partnership between government and non-government organistions and conduct humanitarian health studies”.
In the first phase, the campaign would cover India, Pakistan, Egypt, Bosnia, Tanzania, Zanzibar and Lebanon, he added.
- UAE charity campaign arrives in Egypt - Jan 15, 2011
- UAE to provide health services to Syrian refugees in Jordan - Aug 05, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign for Horn of Africa's drought-hit - Aug 17, 2011
- Mass wedding held in UAE - Dec 17, 2011
- UAE charity to conduct 100 heart surgeries in Bosnia - Feb 17, 2011
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- Somalia hails UAE's humanitarian efforts - Sep 16, 2011
- UAE charity gets one mn hours of volunteer work - Jun 09, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host earth summit - Dec 08, 2011
- Free heart surgeries camp for poor in Sharjah - Mar 09, 2012
- UAE armed forces holds mass wedding for troopers - Dec 29, 2011
- 15 tonnes of waste collected from UAE seabed - Apr 30, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE charity group launches iftar project in Pakistan - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: darie, free health care, health camps, health care facilities, health mission, health staff, health studies, host countries, ill children, india and pakistan, india pakistan, khadem, mobile hospital, poor kids, poor patients, profit partnership, red crescent, sheikh hamdan bin zayed al nahyan, united arab emirates, zayed al nahyan