UAE donates $5 mn to US clinicJanuary 31st, 2012 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Jan 31 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has donated $5 million to the Cleveland Clinic in America’s Ohio state to establish a chair in cardiology research.
Minister of Finance Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum donated the amount which will also benefit Joe Sabik, a professor who performed a successful surgery on Sheikh Hamdan.
Under an agreement, UAE doctors will be sent to the Cleveland Clinic for training.
A main hall of the clinic will also be named after Sheikh Hamdan.
- UAE, Belarus discuss bilateral cooperation - Feb 22, 2012
- UAE leaders meet foreign officials - Feb 16, 2012
- UN chief visits Dubai - Nov 13, 2011
- UAE to host GCC financial, economic committee meet - Oct 20, 2011
- UAE, Japan hold talks - Jan 29, 2012
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- Dubai ruler meets Queen Elizabeth II - Jun 21, 2012
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- YouTube channel launched for Dubai ruler - Feb 15, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- Dubai ruler orders release of 334 prisoners - Nov 03, 2011
- Photography works of Dubai Crown Prince on exhibit - Mar 25, 2012
- UAE to release over 400 prisoners - Nov 04, 2011
- Dubai seeks more investments - Mar 24, 2012
- UAE,Poland discuss cooperation - Apr 23, 2012