Two swine flu patients discharged from Punjab hospitalJune 22nd, 2009 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
Jalandhar (Punjab), June 22 (IANS) Two students who tested positive for influenza A (H1N1) and were admitted to a hospital in this Punjab city last week were discharged Monday after complete recovery, health officials said.
Roop Lal, Jalandhar district health officer, told IANS: “Today (Monday) we have discharged two confirmed cases of swine flu from the hospital after their full recovery.
“We had again sent their blood samples for tests to the National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD), New Delhi yesterday (Sunday) and received their report this (Monday) morning, which is normal.”
“Twelve students, including five confirmed cases and seven suspected cases were discharged yesterday (Sunday). Now all the 14 students who were admitted here after returning from NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) have been discharged,” Lal said.
The students were part of a group of 31 students and three teachers of the Guru Amar Das Public School that went to New York and Florida on an educational trip to the US space agency NASA.
As many as 14 students of this group were quarantined in the civil hospital last week after they exhibited symptoms of influenza A (H1N1) virus. In the tests, seven of them tested positive.
One of the students of the same group, who tested positive and was admitted in a Delhi hospital was also discharged from there, said Lal.
Meanwhile, three females of the same family from Haryana with suspected symptoms of swine flu were hospitalised in the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh, around 150 kilometres from here, Sunday evening.
“We have admitted them in isolated wards and their blood samples have been sent to NICD for tests. The three females are aged 60, 26 and three-and-a-half years, respectively. They had returned from the US June 17 and their condition is stable,” said a Chandigarh health official.
- Couple in Punjab tests positive for swine flu - Jul 07, 2009
- Five more students with swine flu symptoms in Punjab - Jun 16, 2009
- Chandigarh gets fifth swine flu case - Jul 31, 2009
- One more student with swine flu symptoms in Punjab - Jun 17, 2009
- Two more students with swine flu symptoms in Punjab - Jun 16, 2009
- Chandigarh gets positive swine flu case - Jul 28, 2009
- Three more swine flu cases in India, total 20 (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2009
- Seven Punjab students test negative for swine flu - Jun 17, 2009
- Seven Punjab students with swine flu under constant observation - Jun 16, 2009
- Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana prepare to battle swine flu - Aug 06, 2009
- NICD experts in Punjab to monitor swine flu cases - Jun 15, 2009
- 35 swine flu cases in India as virus spreads (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2009
- Another swine flu death in Chandigarh, 13 new cases - Dec 14, 2009
- Two cases of swine flu in Chandigarh - Jul 19, 2009
- Youth tests positive for swine flu, first case in Chandigarh - Jun 24, 2009
Tags: blood samples, chandigarh, communicable diseases, complete recovery, district health officer, educational trip, flu patients, graduate institute, haryana, health official, health officials, lal, national aeronautics and space, national aeronautics and space administration, nicd, pgimer, roop, swine flu, symptoms of influenza, us space agency