Tripura to set up dental, ayurvedic, homeopathic collegesJuly 14th, 2012 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, July 14 (IANS) The Tripura government has decided to set up three more professional colleges - dental, ayurvedic and homeopathic — in public-private partnership (PPP) models, a minister said Saturday.
“The ayurvedic college will be established at Udaipur, the homeopathic college at Kailasahar in northern Tripura and the dental college in Agartala,” Health Minister Tapan Chakraborty told reporters.
He said many private organisations from India had submitted bids expressing their keenness to set up the colleges.
The minister said: “For the ayurvedic and homeopathic colleges, the central government has sanctioned Rs.8.10 crore. The state has allotted land for setting up of the three 50-seater medical colleges.”
With the establishment of two medical colleges with 100 seats each in six years, Agartala has the distinction of being the only city in the northeast to have two medical colleges.
- Northeast India's first IIIT coming up in Tripura - Jun 08, 2012
- Court refuses to relax MBBS eligibility for northeast tribals - Aug 10, 2011
- Apex court's nod to students' admission in Tripura medical college - Oct 10, 2009
- 'Relax MBBS eligibility for northeast tribal students' - Aug 07, 2011
- Tripura to have IIIT in Bodhjungnagar - Jul 03, 2012
- Northeast needs more government initiatives: Tripura chief minister - Sep 24, 2011
- Agartala kicks off mission to become Hepatitis free - Apr 15, 2012
- Private tuitions by government teachers an offence: Tripura government - Jan 03, 2012
- Tripura takes over India's first PPP model medical college - May 24, 2009
- Agartala on alert over Congress's exam disruption threat - Jul 09, 2011
- Northeast's fourth mega food park in Tripura - Jul 29, 2012
- Tripura, Mizoram may depanel AMRI Hospital - Dec 11, 2011
- Tripura mothers to receive health alerts on mobiles - Sep 13, 2011
- Tripura gets India's second free healthcare center for students - Feb 19, 2012
- Lalit Kala Akademi to reach out to northeast - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: ayurvedic college, central government, chakraborty, dental college, distinction, health minister, homeopathic college, India, july 14, keenness, medical colleges, models, private organisations, professional colleges, public private partnership, six years, tapan, tripura government