Swine flu vaccination in India likely from Feb 19February 5th, 2010 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 5 (IANS) After months of wait, India is likely to start swine flu vaccination from Feb 19 and tens of thousands of medical practitioners will get the first doses of the imported vaccine to distribute among the people.
The country has received 1.5 million doses of vaccine from multinational pharma firm Sanofi Pasteur in two installments - 500,000 doses Wednesday and one million doses Thursday - a senior health ministry official told IANS.
“The vaccines have arrived and Sanofi’s bridge study in the country is getting over by Feb 10. We will take one more week to analyse them. The vaccine will be released for use after that. Most probably vaccination will start from Feb 19,” the official said requesting anonymity.
India has lost 1,260 people to the pandemic virus since India reported its first swine flu death in August last year. So far, swine flu has infected over 29,000 people.
“Doctors and para medics will get the vaccination first,” the official told IANS.
- India likely to start swine flu vaccination next week - Mar 10, 2010
- Imported swine flu vaccine will reach India in February - Jan 20, 2010
- Spurt in swine flu deaths in Kerala, health ministry to send team - Jun 15, 2010
- WHO retracts admission that swine flu was exaggerated (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2010
- Swine flu scare was exaggerated, admits WHO (Lead) - Apr 06, 2010
- Swine flu shot may hasten sleeping disorder - Mar 29, 2012
- Swine flu claims 10 victims in Britain - Dec 13, 2010
- '2009 swine flu pandemic won't return to Maharashtra' - Apr 04, 2012
- CDC confirms three new swine flu cases in Iowa - Nov 25, 2011
- Pharma firms to conduct H1N1 vaccine human trials in India - Dec 08, 2009
- US to begin clinical trials of swine flu vaccine - Jul 23, 2009
- 22 mn Americans hit by swine flu, 3,900 dead in six months - Nov 13, 2009
- Swine flu rising in Russia, Europe - Jan 17, 2011
- Reckitt Benckiser to acquire Paras Pharma for $728 mn - Dec 13, 2010
- India's Bharat Biotech to sell $1 diarrhoea vaccine - Jun 06, 2011
Tags: 5 million, anonymity, doctors, flu, flu vaccination, health ministry, installments, medical practitioners, medics, ministry official, New Delhi, one million, pandemic, pasteur, s bridge, senior health, swine flu, tens of thousands, vaccines, virus