Swine flu toll in Andhra rises to 13September 15th, 2009 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 15 (IANS) The swine flu death toll in Andhra Pradesh rose to 13 with the death of one more person Tuesday.
A woman hailing from Warangal district died of swine flu at the government-run Gandhi Hospital, taking the death toll to 13. This is the ninth swine flu death in the state in last four days.
Worried over the mounting number of swine flu cases, the state government has warned private hospitals of stringent action under the Public Health Act if they refuse treatment or guidance to suspected swine flu patients.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister K. Rosaiah has urged the people not to panic over the spread of swine flu and appealed to the media, particularly the electronic media to create awareness among the people and educate them on the precautions to be taken.
He said the government was fully alive to the situation and taking all precautions and initiated all measures to contain the spread of the disease.
“The entire government machinery has been geared up to take all possible measures and doctors all over the state, particularly in Hyderabad, have been told to help the people in distress,” a statement from the chief minister’s office said.
Rosaiah said medicines are being made available in the required quantities and doctors will be provided with masks.
The chief minister said the government was making efforts to procure as many ventilators and beds as possible to treat the swine flu in as many hospitals as possible and requested the private hospitals to cooperate also.
The chief minister said he was reviewing the situation three to four times in a day with the officials concerned and experts in the field and alerting the health department accordingly.
- Another woman dies of swine flu in Andhra - Aug 04, 2010
- Swine flu toll rises to nine in Hyderabad (Lead) - Sep 13, 2009
- Swine flu toll rises to 16 in Andhra - Sep 16, 2009
- Probe begins into children's deaths in Tirupati hospital - Aug 16, 2012
- Swine flu returns to Andhra, two fresh cases in Hyderabad - Jun 19, 2010
- Dengue kills three more in Andhra - Oct 25, 2011
- India's swine flu toll 212, Tamiflu sales allowed (Lead) - Sep 16, 2009
- One more swine flu death in Orissa; toll reaches four - Aug 06, 2010
- Encephalitis scare in UP after 88 deaths - Jun 16, 2012
- Swine flu spreading rapidly in Andhra, toll 20 - Aug 05, 2010
- India's swine flu toll goes up to 191 (Lead) - Sep 14, 2009
- Swine flu claims another life in Andhra Pradesh - Jun 22, 2010
- Winter chill brings on increase in swine flu cases - Nov 19, 2009
- 10 infants die in Andhra hospital - Sep 02, 2011
- Four swine flu deaths, 23 infections in Andhra - Jun 26, 2010
Tags: chief minister, death toll, electronic media, flu, flu cases, flu patients, gandhi hospital, government machinery, health department, hyderabad, masks, medicines, private hospitals, public health act, quantities, reviewing the situation, state government, stringent action, swine flu, ventilators