Swine Flu Toll Hits 16,713: Says WHOMarch 13th, 2010 - 8:56 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Geneva, Mar 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) H1N1 virus or the Swine flu virus has been one of the greatest concerns of the doctors in the year 2009. Noticing the rapidly increasing death toll in swine flu cases, the World Health Organization has declared it as a global pandemic. Reports indicated that every country have implemented several measures to scan people and restrict the entry of people, who were found infected by the swine flu virus. Protective measures and medical help to treat patients with swine flu have helped to check the spread of the virus and some recent reports indicate that the virus has led to the death of at least 16,713 people across the world.
The experts of the World Health Organization, who have been constantly observing all the developments of the swine flu cases has declared the death toll on Friday so that people can be familiar with the number of lives claimed by this disease. The recent reports of WHO indicates that swine flu cases have experienced little rise in different places of West Africa. However, they have not yet received any proper evidence to support the fact.
As per the reports, more patients of swine flu have been found from the Ivory Coast, Senegal and Rwanda. It has also been reported that evidence of the spread of this virus has also been found in Southeast Asia, especially Thailand. The recent reports of the World Health Organization has helped people to know about the present scenario of different places, where people have been affected by this virus. The reports have once again increased the concern of people about this disease.
- Mexican swine flu outbreak kills 29, infects nearly 1,500 - Jan 28, 2012
- Swine flu patients swell to 56 in Lucknow - Sep 03, 2012
- Delhi prepared for swine flu - Apr 10, 2012
- 'Five swine flu deaths in Rajasthan' - Mar 21, 2012
- Five more swine flu cases in Lucknow - Aug 23, 2012
- 'No mutation of swine flu virus' - Apr 11, 2012
- Swine flu deaths rise to 133 in Brazil - Jul 25, 2012
- 81 Mexicans die of swine flu - Feb 12, 2012
- Swine flu erupts in Maharashtra, claims four lives - Mar 17, 2012
- 30 more cases of swine flu in Delhi - Aug 12, 2010
- Swine flu menace looms large over Nepal - Nov 06, 2009
- Woman dies of swine flu in Delhi, toll rises to 15 - Aug 13, 2010
- Swine flu spreading rapidly in Andhra, toll 20 - Aug 05, 2010
- Man dies of swine flu in Himachal Pradesh - Aug 19, 2010
- Climate change could push up risk of avian flu - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: death toll, different places, doctors, flu, flu cases, flu virus, geneva, global pandemic, ivory coast, kar, medical help, proper evidence, protective measures, rwanda, senegal, southeast asia, swine flu, Thailand, west africa, world health organization