Swine flu patients swell to 56 in LucknowSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 3 (IANS) The number of people confirmed positive with the deadly swine flu virus has risen to 56 in the Uttar Pradesh capital, officials said, as they stepped up efforts to check its further spread.
The spurt in the cases related to the deadly virus has sent alarm bells ringing in the state health department as the number has swelled up in just a fortnight. The virus as of now has infected 56 people, an official said.
The first swine flu case was reported Aug 22 when a retired doctor fell prey to the H1N1 virus and died later.
After this, five people tested positive though the disease showed localized presence in and around the Sultanpur road here and near the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science (SGPGIMS).
Of the recent patients tested positive for the disease, two have come from Bihar while one has come from Madhya Pradesh.
S.N. Yadav, chief medical officer (CMO) Lucknow has said that hospitals have been alerted about symptoms of swine flu and to take extra precautions while screening patients with similar symptoms.
T.N. Dhole, head of SGPGI’s microbiology department said that precautions were being taken to arrest further spread of the virus. Three of the infected people were SGPGI staffers, two of them technicians. The other two are from the city’s Telibagh area.
- Five more swine flu cases in Lucknow - Aug 23, 2012
- Senior citizen dies of swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2012
- Swine flu cases in Uttar Pradesh rise to 16 - Aug 13, 2009
- Two more swine flu cases detected in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2009
- Three more swine flu cases in Uttar Pradesh, tally 19 - Aug 13, 2009
- Mexican swine flu outbreak kills 29, infects nearly 1,500 - Jan 28, 2012
- Two fresh swine flu cases take Uttar Pradesh's count to 53 - Aug 24, 2009
- Boy tests positive for swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 09, 2009
- Eight H1N1 cases take Uttar Pradesh tally to 69 - Aug 27, 2009
- No need to panic about killer virus: ICMR - Jan 19, 2011
- Eight new H1N1 cases in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 26, 2009
- Four fresh swine flu cases in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 19, 2009
- Eight new swine flu cases in Uttar Pradesh, total now 27 - Aug 16, 2009
- Panic over swine flu grips Uttar Pradesh - Aug 10, 2009
- Encephalitis claims five more lives in Uttar Pradesh, toll 166 - Aug 20, 2009
Tags: alarm bells, bihar, deadly virus, dhole, flu patients, flu virus, fortnight, graduate institute, lucknow, madhya pradesh, medical officer, medical science, microbiology department, sanjay gandhi, screening patients, spurt, state health department, swine flu, uttar pradesh capital, yadav