Suspected swine flu case reported in Chandigarh (Lead)June 19th, 2009 - 11:17 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 19 (IANS) A 22-year-old woman with suspected symptoms of influenza A (H1N1) was admitted to a hospital here Friday evening, health officials said.
According to the officials of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), the patient, who is a resident of Sector 38 here, had visited Singapore with her family and returned June 14.
She was not well since her arrival but she contacted PGIMER doctors Friday.
She was admitted immediately to an isolated ward.
H.C. Gera, a health official with the Chandigarh administration, said: “The samples of the patient have been sent to NICD (National Institute of Communicable Disease), New Delhi, for tests. We will get the report tomorrow (Saturday) evening.”
“The rapid response team of the administration had also visited her house and examined other family members,” added Gera.
Health officials said they were also making inquiries to check if any other passenger from the same flight had arrived in the city.
Meanwhile, the test reports of the 70-year-old woman who was admitted to the isolation ward of a government hospital here in Sector 32 Thursday turned out to be negative.
Until now, the health department of Chandigarh administration has received 10 cases of suspected swine flu, of which nine were tested negative.
- Chandigarh gets five new positive cases of swine flu - Oct 30, 2009
- Chandigarh reports seventh swine flu case - Aug 08, 2009
- Two cases of swine flu in Chandigarh - Jul 19, 2009
- Chandigarh gets eighth swine flu case - Aug 16, 2009
- Chandigarh gets positive swine flu case - Jul 28, 2009
- Five new suspected swine flu cases in Chandigarh - Aug 18, 2009
- Chandigarh gets fifth swine flu case - Jul 31, 2009
- Couple in Punjab tests positive for swine flu - Jul 07, 2009
- Youth tests positive for swine flu, first case in Chandigarh - Jun 24, 2009
- Another Chandigarh family may be quarantined for swine flu - Jun 19, 2009
- Mother-child infected with swine flu, India's cases at 19 (Lead) - Jun 14, 2009
- Three more swine flu cases in India, total 20 (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2009
- 42nd swine flu death in Chandigarh, six new cases - Dec 25, 2009
- Girl, 14, is third swine flu victim in Chandigarh - Oct 31, 2009
- Swine flu on the rise in Chandigarh - Dec 10, 2009
Tags: chandigarh administration, communicable disease, friday evening, government hospital, graduate institute, health department, health official, health officials, influenza, isolation ward, medical education, New Delhi, old woman, post graduate, rapid response team, report tomorrow, saturday evening, swine flu, symptoms of influenza, test reports