Suryanarayana appointed navy medical chiefJune 12th, 2011 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) Surgeon Vice Admiral K.M. Suryanarayana, an endocrinology specialist, has taken over as the director general medical services of the Indian Navy.
Suryanarayana, an alumnus of the Mysore Government Medical College, was commissioned in the Indian Air Force (IAF) in 1975 and is a post-graduate in medical and super specialist in endocrinology, a navy release said here Sunday.
In his 36 years of service, he has held various appointments in the IAF as well as at the tri-services level, including as senior advisor (medicine) at Army Research and Referral Hospital in Delhi and consultant (medicine) at Command Hospital (Air Force) at Bangalore.
He also served as senior consultant (medicine) and as the director general hospital services (armed forces) in the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services Office prior to the present appointment.
A Vishisht Seva Medal awardee, Suryanarayana took over his new assignment June 6.
- Lt Gen Kakria is armed forces medical services chief - Jun 01, 2011
- New IAF vice chief, Eastern air commander take charge - Aug 01, 2011
- Air Marshal Vashisht becomes IAF maintenance chief - Oct 01, 2011
- Air Marshal Ganguly takes over as Chief of Air Force Medical Services - Jun 10, 2010
- Air Marshal Kumaria to be new Western Command chief - Dec 31, 2010
- New chief of staff for Eastern Naval Command - May 02, 2011
- India set to reopen military hospital in Tajikistan - Dec 30, 2011
- NDA Commandant conferred Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (With image) - Apr 19, 2012
- D.K. Joshi named new Indian Navy chief (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Karnik to head air force's safety wing - Mar 31, 2010
- Vice Admiral Sinha takes over as IDS chief - Jul 04, 2011
- President Patil confers gallantry, distinguished service awards - Apr 18, 2011
- Admiral Joshi is new Indian Navy chief (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Former air force chief Lafontaine is dead - Apr 06, 2011
- Navy, Army vice chiefs to get highest service medal - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: alumnus, appointment, appointments, armed forces medical, army research, awardee, bangalore, directorate general, general hospital, general medical services, government medical college, iaf, indian air force, indian navy, navy medical, New Delhi, post graduate, referral hospital, senior consultant, vice admiral