Study: Sex is important for men aged between 70-95 yearsDecember 8th, 2010 - 8:38 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sydney, Dec 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Australian researchers say men want to continue having sex even at the advanced age of 70 to 95 years.
The researchers say they interviewed about 3274 men that were aged between 70 and 95 years. The researchers say the respondents were distributed with questionnaires at the periods 1996 to 1999, 2001 to 2004 and 2008 to 2009. The questionnaire were intended to asses their social situation and medical history. The researchers monitored the hormone levels of the respondents between the period of 2001 to 2004 to find just how sexually active these aged men were.
Unsurprisingly, it was found at the end of the research that men with relatively good health, that is those without conditions like diabetes, prostrate cancer, osteoporosis, depression and such libido inhibition conditions were more sexually active.
It was also found that almost half of the respondents, about 43 percent, still believed that sex should play an important part in their lives and as a result wanted to have it more frequently. Quite a higher number, about 48.8 percent of the respondents revealed that sex was important to them with 30.8 percent actually engaging in it at least once in the 12 months.
- Sex Is Important Even For Old Men Aged 70 to 95 - Dec 08, 2010
- Sex Important To Elderly Men Too! - Dec 08, 2010
- Unmarried sex more acceptable now for Americans over 45 than 10 yrs ago - May 08, 2010
- Chinese unhappy with sex life, blame it on work - Oct 28, 2010
- 70pc Chinese men 'dissatisfied with their sex lives' - Oct 28, 2010
- Cuddling vital for long-term happiness among couples - Jul 05, 2011
- Watching online porn turning men hopeless in bed - Oct 22, 2011
- Male menopause really does exist - Apr 02, 2011
- Popular drugs could trip sex drive - Mar 08, 2011
- Parliament factfile [To go with Parliament fractious, state issues pervasive' (May 13 is 60th anniversary of Indian parliament)] - May 12, 2012
- Obesity 'harms sexual health' - Jun 16, 2010
- Pharma companies 'medicalising' low-libido to boost sales of female 'Viagra' - Oct 01, 2010
- Lust for mega-profits fuels drive for female viagra - Sep 28, 2010
- For better sex drive, enjoy sunshine - Feb 08, 2012
- Claims of sexual dysfunction in females overrated, says new book - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: 12 months, asses, australian researchers, depression, diabetes, good health, having sex, hormone levels, inhibition, libido, medical history, osteoporosis, periods, prostrate cancer, questionnaire, questionnaires, respondents, social situation, sydney