Study: Red Wine is good for your healthNovember 12th, 2010 - 12:44 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Alcohol is not that bad, as it is made out to be. At least that is what a new study suggests. The study which was reported in Medical Daily found that red wine might have something that helps your heart.
When consumed in moderation, the research found that an ingredient in the wine, Resveratrol may help protect your heart and arteries against the effects of “bad” cholesterol. Red wine was found to help strengthen the heart as well, thereby reducing the risk of heart diseases and attacks. The researchers however failed to endorse the drinking of alcohol based on the many dangers that over consumption of alcohol have on the body.
All these benefits can be enjoyed when the alcohol is consumed in moderation. The doctors warn that when it comes to consuming alcohol, moderation should be the keyword. They report that the damage that alcohol can cause to your body is extreme and it will be dangerous to use the recent survey as an excuse for more bottles.
The Medical Daily reported that, “being common knowledge these days, recent research has suggested that there are health benefits with drinking red wine in moderation,” and remember that the keyword here is moderation.
- Thumbs down to benefits of chocolate, red wine - Aug 29, 2012
- Glass of red wine can help regulate diabetes - Nov 22, 2010
- Red wine shields brain from stroke damage - Apr 22, 2010
- Moderate drinkers 'are healthier than teetotallers' - May 20, 2010
- Hidden health benefits of Christmas food revealed - Dec 13, 2010
- Two apples a day keep heart diseases away - Jul 26, 2012
- Wine can help women in middle-age - Sep 08, 2011
- Resveratrol acts as natural exercise booster - Jun 20, 2012
- Red wine, chocolate sharpen your mind - May 08, 2011
- Key components of Mediterranean diet that keep heart healthy - Feb 12, 2010
- Gene that clears fat from body identified - Dec 07, 2011
- Drink red wine for healthier life - Jul 31, 2010
- A Glass of wine a day to keep flab away - Aug 18, 2011
- 100 bottles of wine a day can banish wrinkles! - Feb 04, 2010
- Moderate drinkers are healthier than teetotallers - May 23, 2010