‘Spurious’ milk factory raided, nine arrestedMarch 20th, 2009 - 11:42 am ICT by IANS
Agra, March 20 (IANS) Nine people were arrested and charged with selling spurious milk following a raid on a synthetic milk factory in the Nunihai industrial estate here, police said Friday.
A large quantity of chemicals, including caustic soda, potash, parafin and acid, were found in more than 60 drums and hundreds of bags during Thursday’s raid. About 5,000 empty milk bags and hundreds of milk cans were also seized.
Taslim Ahmed, Etmauddaula station house officer, said the factory was supplying spurious milk, both in liquid and powder form, through an extensive network.
Gaurav Bansal, the owner of the factory, was taken into custody. Some of his relatives have been in the trade for over a decade and were arrested eight years ago, said Ahmed.
- Spurious milk meant for Delhi seized in Haryana - May 29, 2009
- Spot the difference! Spurious products flood Agra - May 21, 2009
- Spurious milk powder racket unearthed in Jharkhand - Jan 01, 2011
- Chlorine gas leak detected on time, says Chemfab Alkalis - Jan 29, 2011
- 1,400 kg of spurious milk products seized - Jul 09, 2009
- Apex court issues notice on supply of adulterated milk (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Spurious ghee manufacturing unit raided in Agra - Jun 14, 2009
- Four held for selling fake, dud medicines - Jun 15, 2011
- Suspicious powder found in Pakistani ambulance - Mar 02, 2012
- Fake milk unit busted in Lucknow police raid - Jul 18, 2010
- Spurious drugs racket busted in Haryana - Jul 15, 2011
- 15 tonnes of synthetic drugs burnt in Mexico - Feb 20, 2012
- 15 tonnes of methamphetamine seized in Mexico - Feb 10, 2012
- Four arrested for making spurious oil in Delhi - May 13, 2010
- Hundreds of quintals of spurious milk, khoya, ghee seized in Punjab - Oct 11, 2009