Spurious liquor kills four in Orissa, probe ordered (Lead)May 5th, 2009 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 5 (IANS) At least four people died and 15 fell sick after consuming illicit liquor in a village in Orissa’s Khordha district, police said Tuesday. The government has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
While three people died Monday, one person was brought dead to a hospital Tuesday morning, district Superintendent of Police R.C. Mohanty told IANS. A total of 15 people who fell ill were admitted at various hospitals, he said.
The people fell sick after consuming illicit liquor at their village Badapokharia in the Khordha district, some 50 km from here, Monday.
Two people had been detained for interrogation, Mohanty added.
“Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has asked the divisional commissioner to probe the incident and submit a report,” an official in the chief minister’s office told IANS.
- Spurious liquor kills four in Orissa - May 05, 2009
- Hooch kills 29 in Odisha, 10 held (Fourth Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Hooch kills 26 in Odisha, probe ordered (Third Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Hooch kills 24 in Odisha (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Hooch kills 29 in Odisha, 10 held (Night Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Hooch kills 19 in Odisha (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Major hooch tragedies in India - Dec 15, 2011
- Moonshine kills 11 in Punjab - Aug 07, 2012
- Odisha hooch toll is 32, excise minister resigns (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Three die after consuming illicit liquor - Apr 06, 2011
- Odisha hooch toll 30, government blames medicines - Feb 09, 2012
- West Bengal hooch deaths rise to 156 - Dec 16, 2011
- Illicit liquor kills four in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 27, 2011
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 143 (Intro Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Three die after drinking moonshine - Jan 03, 2011