SpaghettiOs, Marie Callenders Products Recalled After Found To Be UnfitJune 19th, 2010 - 7:46 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Washington, June 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) If you an ardent lover of a can of SpaghettiOs with meatballs as well as Marie Callender’s frozen food items, then there is some real disappointing news for you. Both the popular grocery food items are being recalled after they were found to be unfit for consumption with the U.S. Department of Agriculture making the announcement of Thursday.
The SpaghettiOs which consist of spaghetti with meatballs and is manufactured by the food giant Campbell Soup Co. was recalled as certain products were not heated to the requisite amount during processing.
Anthony Sanzio, a spokesperson of the company has revealed to news sources that around 6.7 million kilograms of the product which were manufactured since December, 2008 was being recalled after a cooker in the Texas plant of the company malfunctioned which resulted in about 15 million pounds of the meat remaining undercooked.
The spokesperson further stated that Campbell Soup Co. believes that the cooker malfunctioned lately but officials of the company could not confirm the time.
At the same time, Marie Callender’s frozen dinners which is manufactured by the food giant ConAgra Foods have also been recalled after the popular food items were linked to at least 30 cases of salmonella outbreak in as many as 15 states across United States.
The company has stated that it would be recalling all the food items made under the Marie Callender’s frozen dinners irrespective of the date of production. ConAgra Foods were intimated about the salmonella risk that their products poses by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention after it found a minimum of eight persons falling ill after consuming their products.
- Campbell Soup Recalls 15 Million Pounds Of SpaghettiOS - Jun 21, 2010
- Campbell's Recalls 15 Million Pounds of SpaghettiOs: Undercooked Meatballs - Jun 19, 2010
- ConAgra Foods is recalling Marie Callender's cheesy chicken and rice frozen meals - Jun 18, 2010
- Campbell Soup recalls SpaghettiOs meatballs - Jun 21, 2010
- Marie Callender Frozen Chicken Dinner Recalled Due to Salmonella - Jun 18, 2010
- Recall of Pringles by Procter and Gamble - Mar 13, 2010
- Salmonella food poisoning risk for Vegetable Protein results in recall of chips, soups and dips - Mar 05, 2010
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein(HVP)Maybe Largest Food Recall Ever - Mar 16, 2010
- Recall Of Contaminated Processed Food Products Likely To Expand - Mar 08, 2010
- Nestle recalls 10,260 pounds of Lean Cuisine frozen meals - Mar 15, 2011
- 23,000 pounds of beef to be recalled - Dec 08, 2009
- Philips launches electric cooker, plans to localise products - May 29, 2012
- Dry pet food now being linked to Salmonella outbreak - Aug 10, 2010
- Food poisoning could have lifelong consequences - Mar 21, 2012
- Salmonella responsible for processed food recall - Mar 08, 2010
Tags: ardent lover, campbell soup, campbell soup co, centers for disease control, centers for disease control and prevention, conagra, conagra foods, department of agriculture, disease control and prevention, food giant, food items, frozen dinners, gina gomez, grocery food, marie callender, marie callenders, meatballs, salmonella outbreak, salmonella risk, spaghettios