Smoking not allowed on my sets: Vivek OberoiMay 25th, 2012 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) Vivek Oberoi not only stays away from tobacco, he also avoids passive smoking and says that when someone smokes on the movie sets, he leaves that place.
“There is absolutely no smoking allowed on my sets. If anyone smokes, I always leave the set and go out,” Vivek told reporters Friday at an event to celebrate the World No Tobacco Day, which is on May 31. It was organised by Cancer Patients Aid Association (CPAA).
When reporters asked him what does he do when his co-stars smoke, he said that he doesn’t enter their van.
The 35-year-old, who has a decade-long association with the CPAA, said: “I always try to help whatever good organisation, which is serving the cause of humanity selflessly. I have been with CPAA for 10 years now.”
Vivek, known for films like “Company”, “Saathiya” and “Yuva”, says his mother is his inspiration.
“She is my hero. She has been serving cancer patients since so many years now. She goes to hospitals, makes homemade food for the patients and talks to them,” he said.
- Shreyas Talpade's unfulfilled painting dream - Jun 12, 2012
- Don't accuse films for promoting smoking, urges Vivek - May 31, 2012
- Smoking okay on reel, not in real: B-Town (May 31 is World No Tobacco Day) - May 30, 2012
- I lost my first love to cancer: Vivek Oberoi - Mar 14, 2010
- Beware! Passive smoking riskier than you think (May 31 is World No Tobacco Day) - May 30, 2012
- High drop-out rate hits Delhi's tobacco cessation centres - Jun 04, 2012
- Vivek Oberoi's best 2011 moment, a role in 'Krrish 2' - Jan 02, 2012
- 'Sher pe sawa sher' between Salman and Vivek - May 30, 2012
- As hookah becomes in, it raises health concerns (Lifestyle Feature) - May 06, 2012
- No regrets, says Vivek Oberoi about his career - Jul 14, 2012
- Poor people are most hard-hit by TB, COPD and tobacco - Nov 06, 2010
- Vivek Oberoi hurt, but fine - Sep 22, 2011
- Smoke exposure puts Mexican women at high risk of breast cancer - Oct 02, 2010
- I feel it my duty to help the needy: Vivek Oberoi - Mar 24, 2010
- Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi raises funds for cancer patients - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: 10 years, cancer patients aid association, co stars, cpaa, decade, films, hero, homemade food, hospitals, inspiration, mumbai, passive smoking, patients aid association, saathiya, tobacco, vivek oberoi