Shirataki Noodles Said To Have Health BenefitsJanuary 9th, 2010 - 8:41 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) There are very few people who think of Noodles as beneficial for health as it is known as a popular fast food. However, The Rachel Ray Show claimed that Shirataki Noodles are beneficial for health recently. Chef Rocco DiSpirito said that these noodles are developed from yam. They contain no carbohydrates and calories and it makes this ideal for people living hectic lives. Those who live a jet set life will appreciate this noodle as it need not be cooked. It can be served with hot water and broth. It can be purchased online. Besides they are available at several regional grocery stores.
Shirataki Noodles are also known as konnyaku noodles. They do not get broken easily and are lighter than regular noodles. The unique thing about this noodle is that it does not have distinctive aroma or flavor. They tend to absorb flavor from several other foods that are used with them. The main ingredient of this noodle is Konjac plant which is seen in some parts of Japan and China. They are packaged in liquid. You can add tofu, spinach, soy sauce and garlic with them besides much other stuff. As per the latest reports this noodle can also help the overweight lot to shed excess flab.
They can become a viable alternative to popular foods like Pasta over time. The health freaks can adopt it in their diets. They are mainly used in Asian regions but the demand is slowly growing in Europe and USA. They are quite affordable and can be combined with a variety of foods to make a wholesome meal.
- The Rachael Ray Show: Top 10 for 2010 - Jan 09, 2010
- Quick 10 Minute Meals And Recipes - Aug 29, 2010
- Food festival from the land of the rising sun (Eating out with IANS) - Jan 21, 2010
- Italy lays out pasta, cheese for Delhi homes - Nov 10, 2010
- Feast on yam leaf, jungle asparagus when in Himachal (Feature with images) - Jun 08, 2011
- High soy intake reduces risk of breast cancer - Jun 15, 2010
- Soyfoods protect against breast cancer, lower cholesterol - Dec 03, 2010
- Popeye's green energy booster finds place in Brits' food plates - Mar 11, 2010
- Consume lots of soy to reduce breast cancer risk (Lead) - Jun 15, 2010
- Soy protein can lower fat accumulation in liver - Apr 23, 2012
- Soy food safe for breast cancer survivors - Apr 06, 2011
- 'World's most complex cocktail' Bloody Mary's flavour chemistry revealed - Mar 30, 2011
- Dieters misled by food names end up eating more unhealthy foods - Apr 20, 2011
- Instant Noodles Recall Is Applicable Nationwide - Jan 30, 2010
- Why some people find it harder to give up salt - Jun 17, 2010
Tags: asian regions, chef rocco dispirito, distinctive aroma, garlic, grocery stores, health benefits, health freaks, hectic lives, hot water, jet set, konnyaku noodles, main ingredient, popular foods, rachel ray, shirataki noodles, soy sauce, spinach, tofu, wholesome meal, yam