Shanta Kumar’s trust-run hospital opens in HimachalJuly 24th, 2012 - 12:40 am ICT by IANS
Palampur (Himachal Pradesh), July 23 (IANS) A 200-bedded hospital, the dream project of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) vice president Shanta Kumar, was inaugurated here Monday.
The multi-specialty medical college and research institute, set up by the Vivekanand Memorial Research Trust (VMRT) headed by Shanta Kumar, was opened by Swami Subodhanand, regional head of the Chinmaya Mission.
Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said the hospital was constructed in association with Jaiprakash Sewa Sansthan (JSS), a charitable group of infrastructure conglomerate Jaiprakash Associates Ltd.
He said the government had extended all possible help for development of the hospital complex and roped in not-for-profit trust.
The chief minister said that the government was strengthening the health infrastructure by associating private players in medical field.
Shanta Kumar thanked the chief minister for extending help to the VMRT in completing the project. He said the medical and nursing colleges of the institute would start working soon.
- Health minister inaugurates hospital in Mumbai - Nov 01, 2010
- JP Industries to fund medical college in Himachal Pradesh - Nov 05, 2008
- BJP united, Congress divided ahead of polls (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jul 28, 2012
- Ganga Ram Trust chairman dead - Sep 03, 2012
- Dalai Lama uses donations to fund hospital - Feb 05, 2011
- Azad condoles Kolkata hospital deaths, offers help - Dec 09, 2011
- We lost dear friend Khandu, say Tibetans - May 06, 2011
- Boost for research in mental health, neuro-sciences - Jan 20, 2012
- Indian varsities fuel Mauritius' 'knowledge hub' dream - Feb 17, 2011
- Dutch varsity to do research in eye care in India - Aug 22, 2012
- Tamil Nadu hospital limping back to normalcy after blaze - Sep 06, 2012
- Congress walkout from Himachal assembly over graft - Aug 27, 2012
- Miffed Shanta wants action against corruption (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 04, 2012
- Hazare's crusade gets mass support in Himachal - Apr 08, 2011
- Indian-American doctor offers healthcare solutions for India - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: charitable group, chief minister, chinmaya mission, conglomerate, dream project, health infrastructure, himachal pradesh, janata party, medical college, medical field, nursing colleges, private players, profit trust, regional head, research trust, shanta kumar, specialty medical, swami, vice president, vivekanand