Say no to smoking, Dubai tells youthApril 7th, 2010 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, April 7 (IANS/WAM) Lead a healthy lifestyle with main focus on healthy food and sports, the Dubai government has told its youth, asking them to say no to smoking.
The Dubai municipality has launched a two-month campaign called “Youth without Smoking,” which will culminate with the World No Tobacco Day on May 31. The target audience of the programme are students of middle school, high school, college and university levels.
The campaign aims to educate the youth about the adverse effects of smoking on the individual and the society, especially because most people start this practice during their early stages of life.
A team of doctors from the Dubai Health Authority will conduct medical examinations in educational institutions and offer free consultation on different types of treatment including awareness therapies, conventional treatment using medicines and new methods using laser and other magnet-based devices.
- Don't smoke, Dubai youth told (Lead) - Apr 07, 2010
- Lead healthy lifestyle, UAE women told - Apr 23, 2010
- Dubai school children to get health lesson - Jan 23, 2011
- Dubai to host Children's Science Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- Dubai launches 'Clean Up the World' campaign - Nov 14, 2011
- Dubai health authority launches anti-smoking hotline - Jun 14, 2012
- Dubai bans tobacco sale on World No Tobacco Day - May 31, 2012
- UAE launches anti-smoking campaign - May 27, 2010
- Dubai to stop cigarette sale on World No Tobacco Day - May 31, 2011
- Dubai collects old items to give to needy - Jul 07, 2012
- Dubai's Princess Tower enters Guinness Records - May 21, 2012
- UAE shuts down schools for breaching safety rules - Apr 19, 2010
- Dubai to donate used laptops for charity - Nov 02, 2011
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- Dubai launches health campaign - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,