Sandy Wilson Beats Necrotizing Fasciitis After Prolonged BattleAugust 10th, 2010 - 8:38 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Aug 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sandy Wilson a Baltimore nurse saw many people suffering from rare physiological problems and ailments in her career. However, she had no idea that she will get afflicted by a deadly ailment that would make surviving an ordeal for her. She got afflicted with Necrotizing Fasciitis otherwise known as flesh eating bacteria syndrome. She got afflicted with this killer ailment after she gave birth to Christopher her son in 2005. She had to undergo a living hell for the next 5 years. She survived over 40 surgeries. The woman recalls those horrific days when she could she her internal organs and it sent a chilling sensation down her spine.
She thought she will not be able to survive and the fatal ailment destroyed her appendix, gall bladder, spleen, intestines. Over $5 million was paid for keeping her alive and performing several surgeries. However, she has emerged the winner after a 5 year long fight and in the last 6 months she did not have to seek medical treatment for the disease. For all these years her life turned into a nightmare.
The woman recalls skipping her meals for three years from 2005. Now she is free to eat what she likes. She spent her years of ordeal in rehabilitation centers and hospitals and the time was painful. Necrotizing fasciitis is caused by Group A Steptococcus bacteria. It exists in many people but in her case it reached critical levels. In most cases the bacteria cause throat irritation but in case it manages to get into blood, muscle and other body parts serious consequences can take place.
- US woman's hands, legs consumed by flesh-eating bacteria - May 20, 2012
- Flesh-eating bacteria victim Aimee Copeland speaks for first time since her hospitalization - May 30, 2012
- Woman's gall bladder removed instead of appendix - Aug 17, 2012
- Flesh-eating bacteria victim Aimee Copeland finally agrees to painkillers following skin graft surgery - Jun 19, 2012
- Relatives create ruckus after woman's death in hospital - Jun 14, 2012
- At 82, she underwent her 11th surgery - Jul 13, 2011
- Machine brings new hope for cancer patients (With Images) - Jun 19, 2011
- Woman Plunges From Hotel, Survives 23 Story Fall - Jan 25, 2011
- Georgia woman loses breast to spider bite - May 26, 2010
- Gene mutation protects people from flesh-eating disease - Dec 30, 2009
- Roberts recovering from appendix surgery - Oct 15, 2011
- Netaji subject of political appropriation: New biography (With Images) - Jun 14, 2011
- Kim Kardashian's brother has appendix surgery - Mar 25, 2011
- Bear Gall Bladder Uses Posing A Threat To The Species - Nov 30, 2010
- Senior Pakistani woman MP passes away - Jun 18, 2012
Tags: 5 million, ailments, body parts, critical levels, fatal ailment, gall bladder, internal organs, intestines, living hell, medical treatment, necrotizing fasciitis, ordeal, physiological problems, prolonged battle, ranjan, rehabilitation centers, sandy wilson, spine, spleen, throat irritation