Samsung issues warnings about their 3D TV’s for the pregnant women, elderly and childrenApril 17th, 2010 - 11:34 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Apr 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Samsung has issued a host of warnings for the pregnant women, elderly people and the children. The warning said that pregnant women, drunken people and the elderly people shouldn’t watch the 3D TV, because there are some potential hazardous issues. Samsung also issued warning for all those people who have some stroke risk or suffer from epileptic seizures. They ought to consider a medical professional before watching 3D TV. Even people who are ‘sleep-deprived’ should also refrain from watching 3D TV.
Samsung and Panasonic started the sale of their 3D TV’s in the United States, in March 2010. And since there are so many health risks associated with the product, so Samsung thought it prudent to issue the warnings.
Samsung also warned their viewers that watching TV in the 3D mode may also cause motion sickness, perceptual after effects, disorientation, eyestrain, and decreased postural stability. They said that the viewing should not be resumed till the discomfort has completely stopped.
According to the company’s website: “Viewing 3D television may also cause motion sickness, perceptual after effects, disorientation, eye strain and decreased postural stability. It is recommended that users take frequent breaks to lessen the potential of these effects. If your eyes show signs of fatigue or dryness or if you have any of the above symptoms, immediately discontinue use of this device and do not resume using it for at least thirty minutes after the symptoms have subsided.”
- Samsung issues warnings for the viewers of the 3D TV - Apr 16, 2010
- Samsung's new 3-D TVs not for pregnant, sleep-deprived, warns company - Apr 14, 2010
- Are 3D films really bad for you? - Jan 21, 2011
- Samsung's 3-D TV warning - Apr 16, 2010
- Samsung Cautions About The Possible Side Effects Of Watching 3DTV - Apr 16, 2010
- 3D TVs 'can cause headaches, nausea' - Dec 16, 2010
- Watching 3D TV can cause nausea - Apr 17, 2010
- Samsung Issues 3-D TV Warning Prior To Launching Sets - Apr 17, 2010
- Vision problems may play spoilsport in viewing 3D movies - May 20, 2010
- Nintendo's new 3D gizmo could harm kids' eyesight - Jan 02, 2011
- Epilepsy drugs trigger risk of fractures - Jul 01, 2012
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- Avoid 3D TV - it can make you really sick - Dec 17, 2010
- Playing new 3DS in 3-D mode may damage kids' eyes, says Nintendo - Dec 31, 2010
- Health warning for kids over new 3D games console - Feb 20, 2011
Tags: 3d mode, 3d tv, epileptic seizures, eye strain, eyestrain, frequent breaks, health risks, medical professional, motion sickness, panasonic, pregnant women, samsung, signs of fatigue, sleep, stroke risk, television, tv samsung, united states, watching tv