Sally Davies shows the power of preservatives in McDonald’s Happy MealOctober 12th, 2010 - 9:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Oct 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Manhattan woman claims that a McDonald Happy Meal she kept on a shelf in her home showed no sign of decomposing even after six months.
54-year-old Sally Davies carried out the project, which was named “The Happy Day Meal Project”.
It involved photographing the kids’ meal every day for the six months that the project lasted. After the period, an obviously shocked Sally remarked that the only difference has taken place over the period was the meal becoming hard. Other than that, Sally who is an artist claims that the food sat on the shelf intact.
The findings of Sally’s research raises some genuine concerns about the food. Considering that the food was exposed to air throughout the period, it raises issue about the health implications of its consumption.
When officials of McDonald’s were confronted with the findings of Sally’s experiment, the spokeswoman of the company, Danya Proud categorically denied that the meal is not bridgeable. She called the experiment “outlandish claim” which she claims is “completely false”.
This is not the first time that the safety of fast food has been questioned. An older woman in Denver, Joan Bruso carried out a similar experiment on a Happy Day Meal. The meal failed to decompose in one year.
- 6 months later, McDonald's happy meal 'turns into plastic' - Oct 12, 2010
- San Francisco Approves Happy Meal Fast Food Toy Ban - Nov 06, 2010
- Sally Davies Shows McDonald's Happy Meal Doesn't Rot - Oct 13, 2010
- McDonald's to give free fruit with every Happy Meal - Jul 27, 2011
- Mcdonald's Faces Lawsuit For Luring Children With Happy Meal Toys - Jun 23, 2010
- McDonald playing around with new chicken recipes - May 23, 2011
- McDonald's fined in Brazil for including toys in kids' meals - Dec 07, 2011
- McDonalds Facing Lawsuit From US Consumer Group - Jun 23, 2010
- Happy Meal Lawsuit: Is McDonald's 'Toying Around' With Kid's Health? - Jun 24, 2010
- San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom Vetoes McDonald's Happy Meals Ban - Nov 14, 2010
- Whole Kids foundation to focus on childhood health - Jul 28, 2011
- McDonald's to face a lawsuit over the Happy Meal toys - Jun 23, 2010
- US woman sues McDonald's claiming employee spat in her face - Dec 10, 2010
- Weight Watchers brand McDonald's Chicken McNuggets 'healthy' - Mar 04, 2010
- McDonald's net income goes down - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: bruso, consumption, fast food, genuine concerns, happy day, health implications, kids meal, manhattan woman, mcdonald happy meal, mcdonald s happy meal, older woman, preservatives, sally davies, six months, spokeswoman, woman claims