Rs.93 bn more for setting up six AIIMS-like institutionsMarch 19th, 2010 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) The cabinet Friday approved an additional Rs.93.07 billion for setting up six institutions patterned on the premier All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and for upgrading 13 existing government medical colleges.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs had earlier approved Rs.39.75 billion under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana.
“Due to substantial changes in the cost and scope of work, the requirement of funds has trebled necessitating a fresh cabinet approval,” Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told reporters after a cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The new institutions and upgraded facilities in the existing medical colleges would provide tertiary care facilities.
The new AIIMS-like institutions located at Bhopal, Raipur, Bhubaneswar, Patna, Jodhpur and Rishikesh will be complete by the end of 2012.
- Cabinet gives nod to set up six AIIMS-like institutions - Mar 19, 2010
- Separate societies for six AIIMS-like institutions to be set up under PMSSY - Aug 26, 2010
- Lok Sabha passes bill for AIIMS-like institutes - Aug 30, 2012
- Six AIIMS-like institutions to be registered as societies - Aug 09, 2010
- With Rs.1,100 crore, AIIMS bags highest budget share - Mar 16, 2012
- Cabinet clears societies to run six AIIMS-like institutions - Aug 09, 2010
- AIIMS gets Rs.1,000 crore in budget - Feb 28, 2011
- Government proposing a new National Urban Health Mission: PM - Jun 30, 2012
- Government adopts multi-pronged approach to correct uneven progress in health indicators - Feb 25, 2010
- Better health services for poor envisaged (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Work on AIIMS-like institution to begin in Chhattisgarh - Nov 04, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal to get AIIMS-like institutes: Azad - Jul 10, 2009
- Cheaper drugs, better health services for poor (Second Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Cabinet approves setting up two AIIMS-like institutions - Feb 05, 2009
- Land identified for AIIMS-like institute in Sonia's constituency - May 08, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, ambika soni, cabinet approval, cabinet committee, cabinet meeting, economic affairs, india institute, jodhpur, manmohan, manmohan singh, mantri, medical colleges, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, raipur, scope of work, substantial changes, tertiary care facilities, yojana