Rolaids’ antacid recall is in place because of the presence of metal & wood particles in themDecember 10th, 2010 - 9:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Dec 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rolaids is all set to recall some of its antacid products because some foreign materials like wood and metal particles have been found amongst them. The recalled products include the available flavors of Ultra Strength Soft Chews and Ultra Strength Soft Chews plus Gas Relief.
The recalled products were sold in the United States and in Canada. The products that were sold in both the countries were made in the same location. However the company officials said in their defense that the wood and the metal particles that were found in the products were not added at their end, but they were added by a ‘third party manufacturer’.
The recall has come into place after the affected users launched a number of complaints about the wood and the metal particles. Some people complained about gum injury, unsavory taste and even of vomiting after imbibing the adulterated products.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare officials admitted that the foreign particles in the products could cause harm to the users, yet they added that they don’t expect any serious injury. On a cautionary note they asked the consumers to stop using the adulterated products and instead return them for a refund.
- Rolaids Recall Issued By Johnson & Johnson - Dec 10, 2010
- Wood And Metal In Rolaids Activates The Recall Of Its 13 Million Packages - Dec 10, 2010
- Tylenol issues its first recall of 2010 - Jan 16, 2010
- Johnson & Johnson Expands Recall Of Tylenol, Benadryl And Motrin - Jul 09, 2010
- Johnson & Johnson announce recall for Fastmelt Tablets, Motrin Capsules & Rolaids softchews - Nov 24, 2010
- Wal-Mart Recalls 2.2 Million Heaters - Dec 18, 2010
- Tylenol Recall Expanded By Johnson & Johnson - Jul 09, 2010
- Willy Wonka Gum May Soon Become A Reality - Oct 13, 2010
- Kids jewelry made in China being recalled - May 11, 2010
- Publix ice cream recall due to an unlisted ingredient - Feb 01, 2011
- Willy Wonka Gum May Become A Reality - Oct 13, 2010
- FDA Says J&J Knew of Problems With Motrin for 2 Years - May 28, 2010
- 'Unsafe' erectile dysfunction meds recalled in New Zealand - May 07, 2010
- Nestle recalls 10,260 pounds of Lean Cuisine frozen meals - Mar 15, 2011
- 44,000 pink baby blankets recalled - May 19, 2010
Tags: canada, cautionary note, company officials, consumers, flavors, foreign materials, gas relief, gum, healthcare officials, mcneil consumer healthcare, metal particles, new york dec, party manufacturer, presence, rolaids antacid, third party, wood particles