Religare joins hands with Swiss Re for health insuranceJune 1st, 2009 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 1 (IANS) Religare Enterprises Ltd, India’s leading financial services group, Monday said it has entered into a joint venture agreement with leading global re-insurer Swiss Re to start a health insurance company in the country.
Swiss Reinsurance company, better known as Swiss Re, will be a minority shareholder and will provide its actuarial, risk management and underwriting expertise to the new venture.
The proposed joint venture will be operational by 2010, the company said in a regulatory statement.
- Bharti to exit from financial services joint venture with AXA - Jun 10, 2011
- Aegon Religare targeting Rs.500 crore premium in 2010-11 - Oct 08, 2010
- Indian insurers taking stock of Japanese tsunami - Mar 11, 2011
- RIL calls off acquisition of Bharti AXA - Nov 25, 2011
- Non-life insurers need to be prudent in underwriting risks: GIC - Aug 18, 2012
- GIC having a relook at obligatory reinsurance contracts - Aug 17, 2012
- Insurance regulator faces actuarial vacuum - May 24, 2011
- GIC Re covered for Japan risks: Chairman - Mar 15, 2011
- IRDA asks general insurers to avoid unhealthy competition - Dec 16, 2011
- Penalty on HDFC Standard Life seen as warning - Jul 03, 2012
- Norms soon for calculating embedded value of insurers - Jun 26, 2011
- Expert 'actuaries' who assess insurance risk getting younger - Dec 28, 2010
- Sonata Software forms joint venture in Qatar - Dec 21, 2011
- Reliance Life looks to next big steps in ties with Nippon - Oct 09, 2011
- Flexibility needed to fill vacancies at insurance regulator: Expert - May 30, 2011
Tags: financial services group, health insurance, health insurance company, India, insurance, insurer, joint venture agreement, leading financial services, minority shareholder, mumbai, religare, risk management, swiss reinsurance, swiss reinsurance company