Recognise hospitals practising alternative systems: Homeopathic CongressDecember 19th, 2010 - 2:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 19 (IANS) Accreditation process for hospitals practising homeopathy needs to be stepped up as recent studies have proven the efficiency of homeopathy in managing chronic diseases, doctors said at the 17th All India Homeopathic Congress here.”Recent research and studies have proven the efficiency of homeopathy in managing chronic diseases such as cancer and tuberculosis,” said Homeopathic Medical Association of India president S.P.S. Bakshi.
Bhawna Gulati of the Quality Council of India, an accreditation and monitoring body for quality healthcare in hospitals, said: “Accreditation process for hospitals practising homeopathy also needs to be stepped up. This includes, medical centres with ayurveda, unani, homeopathy, yoga and naturopathy.
According to the World Health Organization, homeopathy is the second largest system of medicine in the world and is practiced in over 100 countries and used by over 60 crore people.
“Homeopathy can play a vital role in healthcare and this is only possible by constant interaction of educational, research institutions, private practitioners and drug industry,” Bakshi added.
- First ayurveda hospital gets accreditation - Oct 26, 2010
- Karnataka to provide Indian medicine at hospitals - Feb 10, 2012
- Ayurveda, unani to be promoted through rural health scheme - Feb 10, 2012
- Yoga, homoeopathy to be integrated with healthcare in UP - Sep 17, 2012
- 'Homeopathy fast becoming preferred mode of treatment in India' - Dec 05, 2011
- Tibb-e-Unani took medical care to common man, says Vice President Ansari - Nov 02, 2010
- Tripura awarded for tele-homoeopathy - Nov 23, 2011
- 80 Ayurveda colleges denied permission to admit students - Aug 24, 2012
- India for global recognition of Ayurveda, Unani - Aug 08, 2012
- Standards for AYUSH medical colleges to be raised - May 10, 2011
- Medicinal plants export from India jumps 137 percent - Aug 08, 2012
- Karnataka to set up yoga and naturopathy council - Feb 12, 2012
- 'Know your genes to live hale and hearty' - Jan 11, 2012
- Government for alternative medicines like unani - Feb 03, 2011
- Annual awards announced for 50 homeopaths - May 25, 2012
Tags: accreditation, alternative systems, ayurveda, chronic diseases, educational research, efficiency, gulati, homeopathy, hospitals, medical association, medical centres, naturopathy, New Delhi, private practitioners, quality council of india, quality healthcare, research institutions, tuberculosis, unani, world health organization