Ravi Shankar in Argentina to promote world peaceSeptember 5th, 2012 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, Sep 5 (IANS) Indian spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar arrived in Argentina late Tuesday to spread the message of universal peace and educate people on giving up violence to lead a better life.
“About 100,000 people in 300 cities across the world, including over 20,000 in this picturesque city, will pray and mediate Sep 9 for universal peace,” a spokesman for him told IANS here Wednesday.
The founder of Art of Living Foundation will also take part in a number of programmes including yoga courses, breathing techniques, experimental exercises and discourses on improving the quality of life.
The mega event will be guided by Ravi Shankar.
“The main purpose of the event is to spread the benefits of positive vibrations of meditation,” the organizer said.
In Argentina, the event will be held at the crossroads of Pampa and Figuero Alcort in downtown, with youngsters, grown-ups and children in hundreds joining the devout members of Art of Living.
Headquartered in India’s tech hub Bangalore, the three-decades-old non-profit organization offers yoga courses for stress management and welfare measures for the common good of people. It has units in 151 countries.
“Our programmes help millions to overcome stress, depression and violent tendencies,” the member said.
The foundation also works on diverse humanitarian projects, including conflict resolution, relief in areas of natural disaster, sustainable development projects, empowerment of women and rehabilitation of people deprived of liberty.
- Argentina varsity to foster ties with Art of Living - Sep 07, 2012
- Argentine youth seek peace through Indian guru - Sep 09, 2012
- Thousands of Argentines turn up to hear Indian guru - Sep 06, 2012
- Unite world's religions through spirituality: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar - Sep 11, 2012
- Argentines throng meditation session with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar - Sep 10, 2012
- Spiritual leader Ravi Shankar to visit Pakistan - Mar 09, 2012
- Art of Living ashram to open in China (Lead) - Oct 21, 2010
- 1,500 kids to be trained in life-skills by AoL - May 30, 2012
- Ravi Shankar to visit Pakistan - Mar 10, 2012
- Thousands brave rain to attend Art of Living festival in Berlin - Jul 03, 2011
- Argentinians sing bhajans in their own Hastinapur (Feature) - Jul 07, 2011
- Indian music, dance and yoga capitivate Berlin (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- A way to de-stress for Commonwealth Games volunteers - Feb 28, 2010
- Buenos Aires night club sways to Sanskrit melodies - May 26, 2012
- Celebrating India at cultural festival in Berlin - Jul 02, 2011
Tags: art of living foundation, conflict resolution, devout members, experimental exercises, humanitarian projects, natural disaster, picturesque city, positive vibrations, ravi shankar, spiritual guru, sri ravi shankar, sri sri ravi, sri sri ravi shankar, stress management, sustainable development projects, three decades, universal peace, violent tendencies, welfare measures, yoga courses