Professional Gamers’ bodies are like 60-year-old chain smokersJune 9th, 2010 - 8:54 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
A new research by Dr. Dominic Micklewright has revealed that gamers’ bodies can be compared with that of a 60 year old chain smoker. That can be very scary, but is it surprising? Not according to the researcher who spent quite some time examining the bodies of gamers.
According to Micklewright, a man who is 20 years, and spends around ten hours behind the gaming screen a day, may have the body of a 60 year old chain smoker.
Another reason for the findings has been attributed to the fact that gamers refuse to even move in their chairs, when they are playing their games, as even a slight movement can cause a change in the game. That explains why other professionals who spend similar hours in front of the screen, do not have such similar bodies.
A typical professional gamer might not even have time to exercise the body. According to Micklewright, though professional gamers have the mental agility of top athletes, their lung function and their aerobic fitness is like that of a 60 year old chain smoker.
However the report found out that the mental shape of gamers remains in top shape.
- PC Gamers' Bodies Look Like 60 Year Old Chain Smokers - Jun 09, 2010
- Computer gamers 'have reactions of pilots but chain smokers' bodies' - Jun 08, 2010
- Video gamers no better at multi-tasking - Jun 14, 2012
- Sedentary officegoers face doubled clot-risk - May 15, 2012
- Video game addiction tied to depression, anxiety in kids - Jan 20, 2011
- Some video games seem to keep kids fit - Jun 01, 2011
- Young India hooked to gaming like never before - Sep 27, 2011
- Women gamers thrash dowry-seekers online - Mar 21, 2012
- Computer games can help kids fight obesity - May 31, 2011
- Fighting a war in the jungles of Vietnam, virtually - Mar 07, 2011
- Computer-exercise combo prevents memory loss - May 02, 2012
- WSF to launch online squash game - Oct 10, 2011
- Study: Exercise has minor effect on weight loss - Sep 21, 2010
- Amitabh to inaugurate school for special children - Jan 10, 2012
- First people to reach America were Asians, scientists confirm (The Funny Side) - Jul 27, 2012