Prepared for monsoon: Delhi civic agencyJune 2nd, 2011 - 12:40 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Wednesday said it was prepared for the monsoon and vector-borne diseases.
“We have already stepped up our activities of checking mosquito breeding this year. We have started intensive checking of breeding of aedes mosquitoes at domestic level quite early,” said V.K. Monga, chairman, medical relief and public health committee.
While four dengue cases have been reported this year, 3,931 houses were found to have mosquito breeding during checking done at 33 places in the city.
“Focal spray to check mosquito breeding has been done in 88,762 houses so far this year. We are equipped to encounter any kind of situation,” added Monga.
According to Monga, Zoological Park, Zakir Nagar, Okhla, Najafgarh drain, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Commonwealth Games village and the Yamuna bank areas were some of the sensitive areas it had identified to check mosquito breeding.
- Delhi reports year's first dengue case - Mar 21, 2011
- MCD appeals to Delhiites to help prevent dengue outbreak - Sep 08, 2010
- First dengue death of 2011 reported in Delhi - Jul 23, 2011
- Dengue cases climb up to 1,652 in Delhi - Sep 10, 2010
- Mosquitoes breeding at 7 CWG sites, notices issued - Aug 10, 2010
- 1,500 dengue mosquito breeding checkers go on strike in Delhi - Sep 06, 2010
- Civic body imparts dengue lessons to schools - Jun 24, 2011
- Desperate Delhi drafts army to fight mosquitoes - Sep 08, 2010
- Army may join Delhi's battle against dengue - Sep 08, 2010
- Dengue cases cross 500 mark in Delhi - Oct 20, 2011
- MCD to launch anti-dengue drive - Jul 25, 2011
- Now Indian Army to take on mosquitoes (Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- MCD suppressing chikungunya figures, say doctors - Nov 02, 2010
- Mayor manhandled by angry Jamia Nagar residents - Aug 18, 2010
- MCD seeks help to check dengue ahead of CWG - Aug 09, 2010
Tags: aedes mosquitoes, aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, commonwealth games, dengue cases, india institute, medical relief, monga, monsoon, mosquito, mosquitoes, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, public health committee, sensitive areas, vector borne diseases, zoological park