Physically challenged to get artificial limbs at homeJanuary 22nd, 2012 - 7:10 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 22 (IANS) Physically challenged people in four districts of Haryana will not have to go to a hospital to get artificial limbs as a mobile van equipped with state-of-the-art machinery would provide these to them at their homes, an official said Sunday.
The project, called the Sakshanta Mission, has been started in the districts of Faridabad, Gurgaon, Mewat and Palwal. It has been initiated by the Faridabad district administration with leading private builder, RPS Infrastructure.
Faridabad Deputy Commissioner Rakesh Gupta said that the Sakshamta Mission had been launched for the welfare of physically challenged people.
“Under the mission, a mobile van equipped with automatic German machines would go to the door-steps of the physically challenged persons to provide artificial limbs so that these persons could be brought into the mainstream of the society,” he said.
He said that keeping in view the inconvenience of the physically challenged persons, this step was the need of the hour.
- Haryana sets up police stations to check power, water theft - Feb 05, 2011
- Kalam unveils mobile dialysis facility in Bangalore - Jul 30, 2010
- Haryana wants full share of Yamuna water from Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2011
- 3.6 lakh disabled in Kashmir, many protest raw deal - May 25, 2011
- Special police stations to tackle power, water theft - Dec 06, 2011
- 70 percent vote in Haryana panchayat polls, three killed - Jun 07, 2010
- Haryana to work out urban parking policy - May 24, 2011
- Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana award for D.R. Mehta - Aug 04, 2012
- Jaipur Foot to help sports star who lost leg - Apr 17, 2011
- Punjab to have mobile ambulance for animals - May 13, 2012
- Pension of major's widow raised from Rs.80 to Rs.18,000 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Haryana panchayat polls June 6, 12 - May 16, 2010
- Haryana to have panchayat elections in 8 districts - Jun 15, 2010
- Seismic centre to come up at Satara - May 24, 2012
- Haryana declares June 6, 12 holidays for panchayat polls - May 28, 2010
Tags: art machinery, artificial limbs, deputy commissioner, district administration, german machines, inconvenience, infrastructure, mainstream, mewat, mobile van, rakesh gupta, state of the art, welfare