One dies of swine flu in DelhiAugust 31st, 2010 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 31 (IANS) A man died of swine flu in the national capital Tuesday, taking the death toll due to H1N1 to 30 in the city, an official said Tuesday.
“One man succumbed to swine flu today (Tuesday). He was admitted in Ram Manohar Lohia hospital and was a resident of Delhi,” Debashish Bhattacharya, nodal officer for swine flu, told IANS.
As many as 53 confirmed cases of swine flu were reported from the capital Tuesday. The total number of patients infected by Influenza A (H1N1) virus this year has reached 926, Bhattacharya added.
The common symptoms of swine flu are cold, cough, fever, sore throat and headache.
The Union health ministry has proposed that the states and union territories make the vaccination mandatory, if required.
- 54 more cases of swine flu in Delhi - Sep 01, 2010
- Two more swine flu deaths in Delhi, toll 33 - Sep 04, 2010
- Two swine flu deaths, 37 new cases in Delhi - Aug 24, 2010
- One dies of swine flu in Delhi - Aug 25, 2010
- Three die of swine flu in Delhi - Sep 07, 2010
- Two more swine flu deaths push Delhi toll to 44 - Sep 10, 2010
- Woman dies of swine flu in Delhi, toll rises to 15 - Aug 13, 2010
- 32 more infected with swine flu in Delhi - Aug 19, 2010
- Two more swine flu deaths in Delhi, toll reaches 2 - Aug 24, 2010
- One swine flu death, 40 new cases in Delhi - Aug 23, 2010
- Man dies of swine flu in Delhi, toll eight - Aug 05, 2010
- Two new swine flu cases in Delhi - Jul 29, 2010
- 11 new cases of swine flu in Delhi - Jul 30, 2010
- Three new swine flu cases in Delhi - Jul 26, 2010
- 29 swine flu cases in Delhi - Aug 16, 2010
Tags: cough, death toll, debashish, fever, flu, headache, health ministry, influenza, lohia, manohar, New Delhi, ram manohar lohia hospital, sore throat, swine flu, union territories, vaccination, virus