One dead, 42 ill after eating at China hotelOctober 11th, 2010 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Oct 11 (IANS) One person died and 42 were hospitalised due to food poisoning after eating at a hotel in China’s Sichuan province, officials said.
Among the victims in the weekend’s incident, 33 were tourists and eight were hotel employees.
The victims started vomiting after eating breakfast at the Pearl Garden Hotel near the Hailuogou National Glaciers Park, China Daily reported.
Tan Mei, 47, from Guangdong province, died after being taken to a hospital.
Laboratory tests showed that the noodles served in the hotel were tainted with nitrite, said Fu Fugang, a professor at the Huaxi Hospital of Sichuan University.
Wang Yong, a driver at the hotel, said he started feeling uncomfortable minutes after eating breakfast. But he, along with Ye Lie, a local guide, helped 24 sick people into a bus and drove them to the hospital.
The hotel has been closed temporarily.
- 28 kids fall ill after eating noodles in China - Mar 04, 2011
- 90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning in China - Sep 05, 2012
- 300 Chinese kids ill after having school lunch - Apr 10, 2012
- Production stopped after South China noodle makers found using illegal additives - Apr 25, 2011
- Chinese students hospitalised after eating noodles - Dec 24, 2010
- Three dead, 10 ill after eating hotel food - Apr 26, 2011
- Food poisoning kills child, hospitalises 12 in Rajasthan - May 25, 2012
- Food poisoning fells 80 sick in China - Jul 10, 2012
- 'Olympics panda' born in China - Jul 29, 2012
- China bans sale of mud snails after vomiting cases - Jul 20, 2012
- Four killed in China bus accidents - Jan 08, 2012
- China woos Indian tourists - Aug 29, 2012
- China hotel fined after 140 fall ill - Aug 19, 2012
- 3 kids dead, 35 sick due to food poisoning in China - Apr 08, 2011
- Olympic badminton: South Koreans take men's doubles bronze - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,