Odisha alerts officials after test confirms bird fluJanuary 9th, 2012 - 11:08 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 9 (IANS) Odisha has alerted all its district authorities in view of the detection of a bird flu case in the state, an official said Monday.
“The government sent samples of around 300 birds, mostly crows and poultry, to the High Security Animal Disease Laboratory in Bhopal, during last fortnight after hundreds of crows died in some parts of the state,” Satyabrata Sahu, secretary of the fishery and animal resources department, told IANS.
“The laboratory informed us on Sunday that a poultry bird was found positive for bird flu,” he said, adding the bird which was found positive for HSN1 virus belonged to Keranga area of Khordha district.
We have asked the Khordha district administration to monitor health of all the birds, he said. The movement of birds from the affected area has also been stopped, he said.
The government has also asked the collectors of all 30 districts to remain alert and draw samples from birds that have flu-like symptoms.
Besides, officials at the world famous Chilika Lake and Bhitarkanika wildlife sanctuary have been told to keep watch on the migratory birds. Both the places are home to lakhs of winter migratory birds.
- Bird flu: Odisha begins culling poultry birds - Jan 12, 2012
- Odisha orders poultry cull after detection of bird flu - Jan 11, 2012
- Bird flu: Culling of birds planned in Bhubaneswar (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- More poultry birds culled in Odisha - Jan 18, 2012
- Bird flu case surfaces in Bhubaneswar - Feb 04, 2012
- Bird flu: 7,000 fowls culled in Bhubaneswar - Feb 05, 2012
- Migratory birds are flying back home from Odisha - Feb 17, 2012
- Orissa alert after West Bengal bird flu - Sep 22, 2011
- Tripura begins culling to contain bird flu - Jan 27, 2012
- Culling of birds starts in Bengal - Sep 20, 2011
- Meghalaya on alert after test confirms bird flu - Jan 11, 2012
- Dolphin population in Chilika declines - Jan 19, 2012
- Bihar SOS to centre on tackling bird flu - Mar 09, 2012
- 2,000 dead birds set off flu fears in Meghalaya - Jan 09, 2012
- India confirms bird flu in Bengal, PM concerned - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,